Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: May Run

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Beaches are looking great, almost zero seaweed coming in right now. I think there are two choices: Matagorada or Down South Offroad. Matagorda will offer more space and nature but DSO will offer more drunks (better scenery) and trials.
    I forgot about the beach at DSO, that is an option.
    2014-2016 Webmaster
    1948 Willys CJ2A
    2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4
    2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SOLD
    2008 Honda Rancher 4x2
    "Keep your Friends Close, but your enemies closer" Sun Tzu, The Art of War

So this trip still on?
    "Nice Danger Ranger" -No One
    98 Ford ranger- Need a back up DD so im keeping it
    Jeep XJ - The new toy to whip around

??
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Unfortunately all of the officers are unavailable this weekend and will not be able to attend the beach run, but hope that yall will still go. It sounds like we have 3 spots up for debate, I will try to get a poll posted to vote on or you can just post the beach of your choice. Here are the options:
    1) Quintana Beach: (~1hr from houston) not many rules, no permit required, camping allowed, plenty of trails and dunes to have a blast running.
    2) Matagorda: (~1hr 45min from Houston) Permit required ($10), fishing and driving down beach, not many trails but possibly a few, (someone who's been can better explain Matagorda, sorry I've never been)
    3)DSO: Crosby, Tx (~25min East of Houston) this is an off-road park located along the san jac river, with recent flooding I know the park will be super swamped but hopefully will still be open. If you get tired of the beach, this place is 700+ acres so you'll have the opportunity to go get lost on the trails. *note* the club made a trip out to DSO last year and ended up sending 5 rigs back on trailers, so BE CAREFUL if yall decide to go out there. Carry a stick to check how deep holes are, go out in groups, etc. Like previously stated, a lot of crazies like to get wasted and drive recklessly, fun to watch but something you need to watch out for when driving.

We apologize for not being able to attend, but look forward to hearing about the trip. As always, remember you're representing the club and Texas A&M when you go out so please act like adults and be mindful of your actions. If you drink, don't drive. Best of luck, hope yall have a blast.
    Collin Nethery
    '99 TJ
    c/o '17 ANSC major
    2016-2017 President

I'm out for a 31st trip either way.

If we can get some decent weather ,long enough to help things dry out, i will be hitting up TORR one weekend in June.... I might be going even if it doesnt dry up. June is my last month before babygeddon, so rain or shine i want to go wheeling.

so, did ya'll have a beach run?

Any of you clowns going to come down to the National Seashore? I saw a maroon FJ Cruiser with a windshield banner down there around mile marker 25 on Saturday.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"