Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tate 2008 JKU

Might be picking up a 96 4dr jeep xj from Waco. 33 super swampers and 4.5 lift. it has the go doorless mods but if i just take the front 2 off will the frame still twist when i flex? i really only ask cause you have a 4dr. will be taking it to hiddenfalls for some mild stuff to get a feel for what it can
    CJ or Jeff wanna chime in?
    Last edited by akapp27; 08-07-2015 at 12:36 AM.
    "Nice Danger Ranger" -No One
    98 Ford ranger- Need a back up DD so im keeping it
    Jeep XJ - The new toy to whip around

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I think the uni-body will twist with all the doors on. I don't think taking the doors off is going to help much. The doors only contact at the 2 front hinges and at the point where it latches in the back.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    I had Chicken Express for lunch. I went on about a 10 year hiatus from there. I got food poisoning from the one in CS off of 6 and no one believed me. Then, like a week later, I was in Dallas for the weekend and got a call from Grayson saying I was right about the food poisoning because he had eaten there and was now sick.
    So how was it??
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    I had Chicken Express for lunch. I went on about a 10 year hiatus from there. I got food poisoning from the one in CS off of 6 and no one believed me. Then, like a week later, I was in Dallas for the weekend and got a call from Grayson saying I was right about the food poisoning because he had eaten there and was now sick.
    I remember that. I thought I was going to die. I semi passed out in my bathroom it was so violent. I woke up between the toilet and the tub.

freebirds did that to me. lost 17 pounds and a few pairs of pants that weekend

Yup, freebird chicken took a few years off my life twice back in the day. Fool me once, shame on you...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Yup, freebird chicken took a few years off my life twice back in the day. Fool me once, shame on you...
    Freebird chicken is the cause of the only time I ever took a dump in rynos bathroom at the dexter house. That has to have some effect on my life expectancy
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Why would you get chicken at freebirds? You's gay?

Melanie's family spanks it to Bush's. It's chicken.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

I ordered the yokes to convert to 1310 flange driveshafts. Should be here mid week. Jeep will get atlas installed with new driveshafts and new Artec cross member that has link mounts built in for future 60 install. Work on this rig is going to be slow with oil being so damn cheap right now. The rear axle build is going decent. I have done some shaving on it. I plan to order locker, gears and shafts for it by then end of the year. I'm going 40 spline on it. Over kill but I won't have to worry about it. Right now I just want to get the atlas in before Clayton. I don't know if I'm going for sure or not but if I do I want to take this jeep.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Why did you stay with 1310 u joints?
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I got the tom woods drive-shafts for cheap. It will work fine for now with the little tires. When I swap axles I'll go 1350.
    Jonathan Tate
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU

Last summer I pulled the carpet out of the jeep. Heat coming in through the floor was terrible so I put it back in. I have a mouse problem and the jeep smells terrible. I want to pull the carpet back out. It gets wet whenever it rains with the top and doors on because of the half doors. What is the best way to knock that heat out? Will bed-liner keep the heat from coming through? Or bed-liner plus floor mats. My other jeeps don't have carpet but they don't get so damn much heat out of the floor either.
    Jonathan Tate
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU

What about adding a heat shield between the exhaust and the floor board? or using the heat wrap on the exhaust?

Spray the inside with lizard skin heat shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

beat the crap out of the JK this weekend at Canyons. I had fun running a little rig but the crazy long 116" wheelbase with 32" tires resulted in some to be expected carnage. All the skids underneath are beat to hell. Pass side rocker looks almost boatsideed already. Driver rocker has a smaller dent. Rear license plate mount broken as well as banged up rear bumper. The box tubing front bumper even got smashed up from winching out of a drop in with the weight of the jeep all on it. I also cut two tires. One is big enough to put fist in sidewall. The other is like two fingers but still too big to plug. I had fun but it is time to do some upgrades.
    Jonathan Tate
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU