Thread: Dana 44, 14 Bolt, SM465, Dana 300, Jeep Hard Top, lots of stuff!

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar

Dana 44, 14 Bolt, SM465, Dana 300, Jeep Hard Top, lots of stuff!

Cleaning out the driveway... All items located in Crosby, Tx (North East Houston) All prices are asking or best offer.

****Chevy 350 w/ TBI - $300
    Small Block Chevy V8 350 with an early 90's suburban TBI fuel injection setup. I bought a jeep and this engine was in it running. I was told the block was from a 70's chevy truck. Then the previous owner took heads, intake, valve covers, throttle body, computer, etc... from an early 90's suburban and bolted them on. This engine ran when I pulled it, but smoked a lot. I would guess it needs new rings. Comes complete with air cleaner, flywheel, clutch for a standard transmission, power steering pump, headers, and large alternator. Previous owner had this alternator setup with a switch that would turn the regulator off so you could generate 110 Volt power with it or weld. Don't ask me how that works, I never used it. Previous owner told me the headers are advanced adapter headers for fitting a chevy V8 into a jeep.

****Dana 44 Front - $300
    Dana 44 Front axle with 4.88 gears, drive slugs, and 8 lug outers. Axle is currently "open" (no lockers, posi, etc...) Axle has a broken tooth in the ring and pinion. If you rotate the pinion it works, and then will skip a tooth. So it needs new gears (~$150). The axle has a hydraulic cylinder and is set up for full hydraulic steering. I think this axle came from the factory under a 3/4 ton chevy truck. I bought a jeep and this axle was under it. I drove the jeep, then was off roading and broke a tooth on the ring and pinion. Comes with the leaf springs shown in the picture. This is a great axle if someone knows how to replace the gears.

****14 Bolt Rear - $250 -SOLD
    14 Bolt rear axle with 4.88 gears. Set up with aftermarket disk brakes. bolts to 8 lug tires. Gears have been "lincoln locked". I had this axle under my jeep, but am now going a different direction. This axle is ready to go with no known issues.

****SM465 mated to Dana 300 - $500
    SM465 4 speed manual transmission, this transmission has the ultra low first gear for rock crawling. It is attached to a Dana 300 transfer case. The transfer case has been "twin sticked" allowing for engaging the front axle without the rear axle. The twin stick is a little janky, but works. The transmission is 10 spline output and is connected via an advanced adapters adapter. This makes the shortest possible transmission/transfer case setup. This is especially good if you have a short wheel based CJ5, suzuki, etc... Comes with the bell housing and slave cylinder setup for hydraulic clutch. Bolts to a sbc 350. This is a great combo for a rock crawler or mud truck as the Dana 300 has a pretty good low ratio combined with the extremely low SM465 first gear. I was using this in my jeep, but went auto instead. Was working when pulled, Dana 300 did leak from front output, probably needs a new seal.

****YJ Hard Top - $300
    Black hard top for a jeep YJ or CJ. I had it on a YJ, but will also fit a CJ. The top has tinted windows and someone sprayed bed liner on it. Don't know why they did that, it was like that when I bought it. Also has a "sun roof" in the center made from some sort of plexi glass. Rear hatch works, but needs new gas struts. I am selling because I bought a soft top.

Pictures can be seen by searching Houston Craig's List
    Last edited by KrazyKarl02; 07-26-2015 at 04:08 PM.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Sold the 14 bolt.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette