Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Np 205

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    WTF, this almost looks like tech and something useful on the forum???? Quick somebody post some crap about painting grey smoke on your tail lights.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Thanks Karl, now you have me wondering if I'm headed in the right direction with the 205 with underdrive.

Another option would be the Stak Mini monster 3 spd...comes in at $2700..13" long

Ruining dreams, it's what I do....

I really like the idea of the Stak 3 speed case, I think if they could make it work right, it would be a kick ass option. It is my understanding that Stak (or whoever owns them now) no longer makes the 3 speed case. When I was looking, I determined a stak would have to be pretty f'ing heavily discounted if I was going to buy one, here is the pirate thread, enjoy!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...d-problem.html

That being said, Robbie and Schubring both report no issues with their 2 speed staks. Save your pennies, buy an F-350, lift it, light bar, get some bro-dozer glasses, and buy an Atlas, then like me, you ca be just like everyone else. Oh get a barbwire tattoo also!
    Last edited by KrazyKarl02; 08-05-2015 at 10:24 AM.
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

lowballing someone
    kyle use a 700r4 and you can use the 231 without an adapter
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Kyle already has a 7.3 F-250, and a jeep. He is basically a brodozer special.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Kyle already has a 7.3 F-250, and a jeep. He is basically a brodozer special.
    minus the light bar and ray bans

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Ruining dreams, it's what I do....

I really like the idea of the Stak 3 speed case, I think if they could make it work right, it would be a kick ass option. It is my understanding that Stak (or whoever owns them now) no longer makes the 3 speed case. When I was looking, I determined a stak would have to be pretty f'ing heavily discounted if I was going to buy one, here is the pirate thread, enjoy!

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...d-problem.html

That being said, Robbie and Schubring both report no issues with their 2 speed staks. Save your pennies, buy an F-350, lift it, light bar, get some bro-dozer glasses, and buy an Atlas, then like me, you ca be just like everyone else. Oh get a barbwire tattoo also!

So after reading the last 10 or so pages...looks like TWF attempted to make it right and ended up just building their own 3spd case...The HERO case..f****** $5k by the time its all said and done.

Makes the atlas case seem like a deal....
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I like my 4 speed. I don't use super low very often though. And sometimes when I do I wish I was in a higher range. If you go that direction really look at the range choices. I was so concerned with my lowest I didn't pay attention to how close my middle two speeds were to each other
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Your 4 speed or the companies 4 speed? Sorry I get lost easily.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I like my 4 speed. I don't use super low very often though. And sometimes when I do I wish I was in a higher range. If you go that direction really look at the range choices. I was so concerned with my lowest I didn't pay attention to how close my middle two speeds were to each other
    I forget what ranges you have in yours, but with the 2.7 and 3.8 in mine there is a decently noticeable difference to me. I use low/low a bunch myself, though the fowtyfoes and 4.56 in the rear need a pretty good reduction when creeping around. I tend to use the reduction box as the prefered means of shifting speeds in the box as the twin sticks are a bit harder to shift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

(1:1, 2.72:1, 3.0:1, 8.16:1) and I too use the range box more as I haven't broken in the twin stick well enough yet
    Jonathan Tate
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU

Missed out on a pirate deal yesterday for a atlas 4spd for $1500...guy said he sold it 30 minutes before he got my message. DAMN my luck!

Still up in the air which direction I'm going to go for transfercase. Would love the options of the 4spd, just don't know if I want to spend that much dough on a new one. Hopefully a deal comes around.

That is crazy low. I ended up in mine for almost 4k
    Jonathan Tate
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU