Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ellie - '81 CJ-7 Laredo Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by TexTJ209 View Post
    Sheet metal welding sucks. Finally got the welder tuned in with .024 to where it's not just burning through every time I look at it though.

I screwed up in one spot trimming my floor pans and now I've got a maybe 1/4-1/2 gap between the panels I need to fill. Any suggestions on bridging that gap other than just making a tiny patch piece?
    You could buy a copper spoon if you have access to the back of it and try filling it with that? I used one for the first time doing some body work the other day and it worked well.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

I've got one, played around with it a little tonight. Still trying to get the hang out it, but thanks for the tip!
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

I'd cut a strip. I had a similar gap on my CJ floor and warped the **** out of it trying to fill it in with wire.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"