Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best bang for your buck for efi systems?

lowballing someone

best bang for your buck for efi systems?

im looking for a throttle body style aftermarket efi system for my 67 mustang with a 351 and a t5. Does anyone have any opinions, recommendations or experiences. below is the link to the one i'm thinking of getting. i'm wanting to go with a bolt on throttle body because i have a polished intake and want to keep it. I'm going to use a hei style distributor I think.
    Andrew

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fif-30003/overview/
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

I don't believe you don't have a chevy tbi or twenty laying around somewhere.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    What travis said is the most economical. Atomic msd Efi is pretty cool, Robbie has that.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

lowballing someone
    i guess i should have specified best value for modern self learning. old chevy tbi is ok but its worth the extra couple hundred for a brand new modern self learning system.

and yes i have two boxes full of chevy tbi parts
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Roadkill used MSD atomic efi on a build that looked pretty simple. If you're going for a pretty stock motor, I don't really think you can go wrong with any of the aftermarket kits.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

lowballing someone
    motor is 351w with gt40p heads and undecided but healthy cam. so less than 400 hp, the more i read the more i like that kit i posted the link to.

Gt40p heads are ancient, why no aluminum heads? 400 hp is a lofty number when talking about stock ford cast iron heads. I have JBs 69 351 heads machined for screw in rocker studs and full roller rockers from his bronco, and a t5 for sale.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Saw them use FiTech GO EFI on one of the Powerblock shows. It looks intriguing as all the sensors besides the O2 are self contained within the throttle body. Easy and clean install and the system is only around $1k.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

lowballing someone
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...-510/overview/

ran across this one. it includes a digital monitor that can display all the needed guages it seems. any thoughts?

I currently have a custom aluminum dash all the way across that is solid and un cut yet. I think it would look cleaner to have one digital guage over a bunch of traditional gauges. i'm still tossing around ideas.
    Last edited by colman; 08-14-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Durability of the gauge may be a concern on a topless trail rig but it otherwise looks legit.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Idk what custom aluminum dash means, but the screen isn't very aesthetically pleasing. If you don't mind the screen and you know what you can do for a speedo (didn't read to see if you can integrate something into that screen) then I'd say go with it.

Last edited by Sparling; 08-16-2016 at 05:45 PM.

lowballing someone
    this is for a 67 mustang wish it was a convertible

lowballing someone

lowballing someone
    gt40 heads i can get stock on an explorer along with all the serpentine front dress radiator and condensor along with aluminum driveshaft(which is the correct size for the mustang with a t5 conversion) and disc brake limited slip rear end. pretty solid setup since my mustang has a mustang 2 front suspension already and i can use the low location of the ac compressor due to no shock towers. gt40 heads are the best cast iron head ford ever made for a sb. i can get a whole explorer for 500 and aluminum bare heads would be well over double that then add valves etc etc. im not looking for the fastest mustang. just a quick one that won't break the bank to build.

I bet you are going to be very underwhelmed with the GT-40, especially if you don't do any serious work to them. If you are throwing all of this on a used motor I bet you can barley get 280 HP with that fuel injection. Maybe 300 out of a properly tuned carb on the top end (I recommend fuel injection for drive-ability but have yet to see the budget kits ever make more HP than a good carb).

My suggestion is to do the build with the gt-40 heads and fuel injection from a fox body, then build the rest of the car to handle 450 hp. Once the suspension and drive train is complete swap in a s-trim.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!