Thread: Falls 2016 Trips?

Falls 2016 Trips?

What's scheduled?
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Clayton.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Is there a Hidden Falls trip in Sept-Oct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I know the new officers are meeting this Saturday and a list should be posted on website front page on Sunday. I am training the new webmaster.
    2014-2016 Webmaster
    1948 Willys CJ2A
    2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4
    2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SOLD
    2008 Honda Rancher 4x2
    "Keep your Friends Close, but your enemies closer" Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My apologies for not updating this. If you haven't seen them on the website yet, the remaining runs for this semester are as follows...

October 15-16 -- Long Ranch in Llano,Tx
    November 19-20 -- Hidden Falls in Marble Falls, Tx
    December 16-18 -- Clayton
    Last edited by CLNethery; 10-10-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    Collin Nethery
    '99 TJ
    c/o '17 ANSC major
    2016-2017 President

I've never heard of Long Ranch before. Have yall been there before? I checked their website, but it doesn't appear to have been updated in the last several years.

One of our officers found it online. We've never been, thought we'd give it a try. I talked with the owner yesterday, he claims they have everything from very mild to extreme trails. We plan on going out Friday afternoon, wheel all weekend and come back on Sunday.
    Collin Nethery
    '99 TJ
    c/o '17 ANSC major
    2016-2017 President

I might come Saturday Morning and head back to Lockhart that evening. Ill bring the 48 willys.
    2014-2016 Webmaster
    1948 Willys CJ2A
    2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 4x4
    2002 Dodge Ram 1500 SOLD
    2008 Honda Rancher 4x2
    "Keep your Friends Close, but your enemies closer" Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Been a while since I posted here......How much are dues these days?

I *THINK* my TJ may be trail-able now. I may come down Saturday morning & then head to Austin that night.

My plan last year (talking to JB) was to get another TJ and have it ready for Clayton this year. I'm hoping to be able to do that still. Just depends on work schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by ol burj View Post
    Been a while since I posted here......How much are dues these days?

I *THINK* my TJ may be trail-able now. I may come down Saturday morning & then head to Austin that night.

My plan last year (talking to JB) was to get another TJ and have it ready for Clayton this year. I'm hoping to be able to do that still. Just depends on work schedule.

Dues are $25/semester or $40/yr. Our next run is to Hidden Falls on the 19th of Nov, feel free to join us.
    Collin Nethery
    '99 TJ
    c/o '17 ANSC major
    2016-2017 President

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLNethery View Post
    Dues are $25/semester or $40/yr. Our next run is to Hidden Falls on the 19th of Nov, feel free to join us.
    FYI, when you guys go to Hidden Falls if you plan to arrive past 9:00 pm on Friday you need to call ahead and pre-pay. If you show up past 9:00 pm on a Friday they will not let you in. We were just there this weekend and would not let anyone in past 9:00 pm, they told people who had not pre-paid they could go get a hotel room in Marble Falls. To their credit, it is on the website:

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark....arrival-policy

It's their land, so their rules, but I think it is pretty unrealistic to have an off road park 4 hours from Houston or Dallas and not expect people to show up past 9:00 on a Friday. When you do show up they will talk to you like you are a 2 year old and lecture you about following their rules. It's a clean and nice park, but it will be a long time before I give them another dime.
    Last edited by KrazyKarl02; 10-24-2016 at 04:08 PM.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    FYI, when you guys go to Hidden Falls if you plan to arrive past 9:00 pm on Friday you need to call ahead and pre-pay. If you show up past 9:00 pm on a Friday they will not let you in. We were just there this weekend and would not let anyone in past 9:00 pm, they told people who had not pre-paid they could go get a hotel room in Marble Falls. To their credit, it is on the website:

http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark....arrival-policy

It's their land, so their rules, but I think it is pretty unrealistic to have an off road park 4 hours from Houston or Dallas and not expect people to show up past 9:00 on a Friday. When you do show up they will talk to you like you are a 2 year old and lecture you about following their rules. It's a clean and nice park, but it will be a long time before I give them another dime.

Thanks for the heads up, we will make sure to get there before they close shop (or make reservations ahead of time if we can make it by 9). We have gone the past few semesters and had a good experience, it's unfortunate that your trip didn't go so well.
    Collin Nethery
    '99 TJ
    c/o '17 ANSC major
    2016-2017 President

I always get there past 9. But I always call super early and talk to the park ranger.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I always get there past 9. But I always call super early and talk to the park ranger.
    So did everyone else, but evidently they changed it a couple months ago and now you have to prepay over the phone, give them your vehicle info, dl info, shoe size, blood type, and urine sample (also over the phone). If you don't do this before 9pm, and not 1 minute later, they won't let you in. If you try they will talk to you like a 2 year old.
    BDR