Thread: Clayton Charity Donations

Hybrid View

Clayton Charity Donations

Everything else I have posted tonight is my Bi-annual check in/shennanigans. This thread I am pretty serious about. We've been going up there for 15-ish years now I would guess, and we ALL have the ability to share with the less fortunate.

Last year we afflitated with a townie and collected $360 in a hat that I passed, and it was all weird and whatever. I ended up contacting the school and sending a check to the "Clayton Athletic Fund" which I am sure got spent on jock straps and shoulder pads. (Which is still pretty great)

I want to get ahead of that this year, and really get money to the kids. I know that's hard considering what's going on there, but I'm going to try. If you want to donate, you can paypal (sorry Sharpe) me money to jim_brune@hotmail.com or hand me fist fulls of cash when I hand you your free meal on Saturday night.

I will call around this week to the school, newspaper, city hall, whatever and let you know where the money is going.

What is the name of our sweetheart at The Bulldog? Patty or something, she'll know where to send the money,

Thanks in advance.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

FYI. Last I spoke with the Lady at the A&A and she was really happy to tell me that the Christmas parade was going to be the Saturday that we were in town. She said they moved the timing from the evening to during the day. She asked that I tell the TAMOR group as she knew we liked to get involved with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryg79 View Post
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!

Oh ****! Nice!

I left a message with Ed's buddy who is the president of the chamber of commerce. He said there are a couple of ladies working to identify needy kids, and are already planning things. Sounds like our folks! I'll firm up the details and let everyone know, but I'll plan on meeting with him on Sunday to deliver a check.
    Boats and hoes

During the day is not ideal...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

I loved it the year they had it at night and we had Christmas lit rigs in it.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Parade is at 2 pm. I talked to Ed's friend at the Chamber and I told him we'd try, but most people would want to wheel around that time.

ed's friend is Gilbert and his wife is on the city council. I have made arrangements to get all the funds to him Sunday morning and they will go to the children in Clayton/surrounding area.

He has a salvage business in the area and also wanted to pick our brains on parts to keep in stock for the off-roaders. I have him some general ideas, axle shafts, etc. but if you have any ideas for him that would be cool. He also said he helped pass something through city council that insured vehicles could get an inspection at city hall to drive off-road vehicles around town, just not on the highway. (But you could cross the highway?). He said they were working on a brochure for that. Mostly he was trying to let me know that as president of the coc, he understands that tourism is a big draw for the area.
    Boats and hoes

money sent via paypal

Money sent via paypal so that I don't have to remember cash for this weekend.
    i dont speak australian.
    seacrest, you are my hero!