Thread: China Go Kart GY6 POS Thing

Zane G. Wallace

China Go Kart GY6 POS Thing A.K.A. "The Stinky Pinky"

So I have a China Go-Kart thing thats been siting around for a couple years and I got tired of just riding with people instead of actually driving so im fixing it up.

I blew up the motor about 2-3 years ago so it been sitting then this year I finally got some motivation to get it running. I ordered a new motor from Scoots and it was in within a week. The motor is a 150cc GY6 China out of one of them high performance mopeds. And now im in the process of striping down the frame for paint and fixing broken stuff that i find along the way.

The day I picked it up:

Day 1 of stripping it down:

Last edited by Zane Wallace; 02-15-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Zane G. Wallace
    Update:
    Yesterday i went by Scoots to order a wiring harness because they were so much help with the engine. When I got their i told the lady what I needed and she said let me go check somthing real quick and ill be right back. About ten minutes later she came back holding an almost brand new wiring harness with all the solinoids and control modules on it. I pulled out my wallet to pay and she said dont worry about it that its on them. In shock i said are you sure and she said ya that it was the owners way of helping me get this thing running as soon as possible and that I had to bring it by when it was running. The wiring harness itself without all the stuff that was on it prblably would of cost me about $80 and then another $100-$200 for all the control modules. It also saved me about a weeks worth of work trying to figure out the rats nest that came withit.

Old harness

New harness

When I got home I loaded it up and took it to the car wash and power washed all the dirt and grime out to see what I was really workin with. It turns out that the body is in really good condition and has only surface rust. Then i figured out a name for it "The Stinky Pinky" because of the roll cage being pink and the horrible smell from all the filth that was in it.