Thread: Good angle for trailer ramps?

Good angle for trailer ramps?

I have an 18x6.5 foot trailer with a deck about 2.33 feet off the ground. I am trying to decide what the minimum length of my ramps should be to easily be able to load a vehicle. Obviously, it does not matter as much for trucks, but I want the option of towing a car...

Any suggestions on an angle?

BigRedFord04
    36.8*

I busted out some paper and a ruler and figured I'd need about 9' of ramp. The reason this is even an issue is because the strength of the ramp will decrease exponentially with length. I'm just going to have to make beefy ramps...

Fricken cars and their low ground clearance....

You could do what we do when we load Fredo's car on the trailer. Take the normal 5 foot or so ramps and find a ditch or hill you can back the trailer up to. Then the ramps will be horizontal and with some 2x4's and 4 or 5 attempts you can load that low sunovabitch on to the trailer without ripping off the front air dam. Cars are a pain in the ass to load up on a trailer, just haul trucks.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    don't forget, our trailer has a 2ft dovetail on it also...otherwise, loading my car on that trailer wouldn't ever happen.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)