Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holy Shat!!!!

Krawler68

Holy Shat!!!!

Anybody who has seen the Moab trip video from this year... Word on the street is that Don Campbell lost his foot in the accident that kevin got on camera. I'm pretty sure he's recovering, but Sheet man... just standing there and the next thing you know an overbuilt 500+ HP buggy lops off your foot... damn.

What Happened?
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

Krawler68
    ask kevin...
    he's got video!!!

bigFAWKINranger
    damn... i dunno what exactly y'all are talkin about, but that sucks. hope hes ok.

Krawler68
    He was watching one of the goofy *** rigs he builds climb a rock wall and it rolled bac onto its side... the driver, a dumbass, stayed on the gas instead of letting off and the sidewalls of his tires threw a rock that hit Mr. Campbell in the head... then the truck jumped sideways about 3 feet and landed on his leg... hence the amputation of his foot...

how close was this guy standing?

Thats one of the reasons I haven't entered my CJ in any rockcrawling champion ships, safety just doesn't seem to be an issue

another reason is it doesnt run

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by robertf03
    how close was this guy standing?can we get really close to the guys there? i like getting close to other guys, but in general it seems to be frowned upon.

Thats one of the reasons I haven't entered my CJ in any rockcrawling champion ships, gay lovemaking just doesn't seem to be an issue

another reason is it doesnt run

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    For those of ya'll that don't know, the video that Kevin took was at the Rock crawling contest in LAS CRUSES
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Originally posted by redcagepatrol
    For those of ya'll that don't know, the video that Kevin took was at the Rock crawling contest in LAS CRUSES
    For those of you who don't know....Scott is a ****ing idiot. The video we took was in FARMINGTON, and we did get film of that wreck, and it wouldn't suprise me if Cambpell actually lost his foot. Jason Kelly was standing down there with him when it happened, except Jason just happened to be quicker getting out of there. Oh, and Jimmy was the one filming, not Kevin.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

why you bein' a **** FredO, at least I was in the right state.

It would be better for people to think that it was in Las Cruses than in Moab, at least the terrain in similar to Farmington (as compared to Moab)

I did see the video, that guy was being stupid. It appeared to me that he had way too much money and was trying to show off, not caring about people around him.
    In other news I will be spotting Troy in FARMINGTON this weekend for the BFG Pro Rock series
    Scott, FTAC '99

Krawler68
    ***...you've obviously NEVER been to Farmington... because Farmington is WAY more like Moab than it is Cruces. I thought I had made the venue for this carnage abundantly clear... hmmm... maybe I should spell it out... F A R M I N G T O N...

Re: Holy Shat!!!!

Originally posted by Krawler68
    Anybody who has seen the Moab trip video from this year... Word on the street is that Don Campbell lost his foot in the accident that kevin got on camera. I'm pretty sure he's recovering, but Sheet man... just standing there and the next thing you know an overbuilt 500+ HP buggy lops off your foot... damn.
    I didn't think that "Moab trip video" was "abundantly clear" and want the people out of the loop to know where it was at.

Sorry FredO for making a simple mistake, I was not there as you were. It makes a huge difference.

At least it's all straight now, thanks for clearing that up
    Scott, FTAC '99

Krawler68
    Maybe "abundantly clear" was an exageration... I looked back over my posts and realized I was a little vauge there.

BigRedFord04
    Originally posted by Krawler68
    Maybe "abundantly clear" was an exageration... I looked back over my posts and realized I was a little vauge there.
    D u m b a s s

All I know is that I was having a hard time keeping the camera still and jumping around and screaming like a redneck all at the same time. 500 Hp backfiring and spinning out of control on it's side is FVCKING COOL AS HELL, until of course someone loses a foot, and Jason almost gets crushed. I guess what they say is true, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. I've also heard this one: It's funny until someone gets hurt, then it's fvcking hilarious, of course that doesn't apply here, so I digress.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.