Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gilmer run

froader03

Gilmer run

we've got a trip to BMRA scheduled for Feb. 15-16. I just got off the phone with Clyde. he's expecting us and everything's good to go. remember if you plan on making the trip send your info. (name, student ID, and emergency contact) to Lynda ( safety@tamor.org ). this can be done at the meeting this week, but if you know you aren't gonna be at the meeting or end not making it be sure to get that info to her. if you haven't been to Gilmer it's a lot of fun. no granite like Mason, but quite a few trees and lots of good trails. you can check out their website here. we'll discuss more details at the meeting. all for now.

Hensel

A Ray
    I didnt make the meeting this week, I was wondering if people were meeting to go up this weekend and if so what time

bigFAWKINranger
    i'll be there... ranger won't... still not geared, but my other club, ellis county off-road, will be there.

Please let me know if you are going, I know alot of people are getting ready for spring break so they won't be going. Thanks - Doug

dreed
    i'm planning on going

TexasAggie4X4
    I am planning on going as well... does anyone know what time everyone is planning on leaving? I am planning on going early saturday morning with A Ray

Shane

dreed
    mapquest says its about 210 miles. dont know how fast ya'lls speed is on the highway, but it takes me around 3 hours to do that. so we could leave here around 7am and have most of the day to wheel. just let me know when and where.

A Ray
    how about 6:45 at the mcdonalds on university?

Adam Ray

dreed
    thats fine with me

Y'all have fun, meet at the time they said at 6:45 at the mcdonalds! I'll being starting to swap my tranny in hopefully

I just heard that BMRA is closed this weekend cause of the rain and Clyde as usual is concerned with erosion.

BigRedFord04
    One o' dem Ellis County boys called BMRA and talked to Clyde's wife, she said that since they got the closure notice out so late they decided to keep it open and just close a few trails. Not sure which ones.

Just a few pics. Most of the trails were closed but the wetness made the rest some fun. Out of 7 that tried this spot, only one jeep and Dan made it. Had a hell of a time wenching this one up.
    Last edited by eight; 02-16-2003 at 11:00 AM.

Here am I is the same spot. Rear diff resting on some dirt.

The only rock I found. My front wheel drive conversion.
    Last edited by eight; 02-16-2003 at 10:24 PM.