• 37" Krawlers on 17"x 8" w/ 3.75 BS Allied beadlocks

9 47.37%
  • 37" Krawlers on 17"x 8" w/ 2.5" BS Allied Beadlocks

6 31.58%
  • 38" SX's on 15" x 10" Allied beadlocks

4 21.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wheels and tires

It took some time, a real long time, to get the money but I earned a decent amount of interest on the deal. Everything worked out in the long run.
    '50 F-1 (some day might be a 4x4)
    '10 Expedition EL
    '09 F150 Supercrew

i just heard about some new 44" swampers that are about to come out. 44"x21"x20" with a cross between a bogger and tsl tread. heard anything about that? that might be the thing to knock down the krawlers if they do live through the hype unlike the mtr's.

[thread hijack] Flem, you've got my vote for BEST AVATAR EVER! [/thread hijack]

haha, thanks, I try

was hoping you knew something about these 20" wheel swampers. sounds like the next big thing. none of this trendy 17" wheel crap

I don't know if that was directed at me, but I know nothing of dubbed-out swampers, much less a new tread design.

For rubber that size, I'd go with surplus Michelin XMLs in the 395/85R20 flavor (46.7" x 15.4"). At least until I saw Interco's newest offering...

Doug -

Are you and Hal leaning more towards the normal Krawlers, or do you think you're going to mess with the ones that you can cut your own tread design/grooves into?

Krawler68
    I think i'm going to go ahead and buy the tries and let them sit for a while... I just picked up a lightly used set of 15"x 10" Allied beadlocks for my current 38's... 350 for a set of 4 rims. Not too bad.

I still want the krawlers... and the price we're getting them at makes it worth having them sit for a while... I am going to run the production ones... they are pre grooved and pre siped... Everyone who has run both swears the production run ones were every bit as good as the custom ones... not to mention BFG put a more aggressive sidewall on the production tires.

Doug

ROKN ZJ
    Originally posted by Krawler68
    As for my price on Krawlers... it suffices to say this competition had several nice perks. List on the new Krawlers will be 400~... I will be getting them for about half what I paid James for my 38's...
    Yea Doug was quick to jump in on the BFG program despite never planning to compete.

As for the price on the Krawlers, That price will drop. It's just set high for the first few runs. I haven't decided if I'm going with 37s or waiting until the 40s come out, nor have I decided on whether I'm sticking with the 15s or finding some 17" beadlocks. But I'm glad to know that Doug on the otherhand who won't be using them in comps is quick to snag a bunch

Krawler68
    Amen brutha... just because those sexy competition boys have them doesn't mean i can't... and the women will have to dry up when they see me rollin' on 17" rims.

Doug