Thread: 8.8

aggielr

Has anyone swapped in an 8.8 in a sua YJ? I just need to know if i'm goin to have to relocate the spring perches, or should they be ok where they are?

we filled in and redrilled the perches I think 1/4 to 1/2" on cody's. I dont remember how the pinion angle looked but I think it needed some shims.

Why don't you spring the rear over while you're at it and run like Jimmy did for a little while?

aggielr
    no springs, and why did you have to drill it out to 1/2? it already has a double cardon shaft, but i wasn't sure if i'd have to have more than just the shims that came w/ the lift kit

He meant the hole for the center pin had to be redrilled about 1/4 to 1/2" further in than the original hole after the original was filled in. The YJ springs weren't spaced right to fit into them.

yea we just redrilled the center pin holes, that was about it. Needed a little more shim I think, can't remember exactly and it did definately shorten the driveshaft up a bit
    Cody Ainsworth || FTAC '05 || '91 YJ
    4.0, SOA, 36" IROKs, D30/F8.8, LockRight/Detroit, 4.56s, Hydro-Assist, fullcage, TJ flares, blah blah blah.
    www.Jeeps-Offroad.com || Pictures