Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle preperation for spring break????

Vehicle preperation for spring break????

So what is everyone working on to get the rigs ready for spring break???? I'm probably have to drive mine there, so i'm in the process of rebuilding the entire front axle. Ball joints, bearings, seals, New bushings in the front leaf springs and frame, new calipers, 1-ton master cylinder.

Also, started working on the Manual tranny swap. Had to take apart the whole dash and take out the steering column. I got all that back in and installed the new pedal assembly with the clutch and brake pedal.

Still have to find a fly-wheel in a junkyard. If anyone knows where any 2 or 4 wheel drive SM-465's that have a hyraulic clutch are let me know.

Other stuff i need to get done are, new rear bumper, put in the SM-465, put the front axle back together and rehang it, put a new line on the york, and mount some lights. I'd also like to put a cage in it, but that is a little far fetched since i lack the machine to do it. - Doug

Shaggy
    well all i really have to do is press some berrings and slide in my rear axle shafts... but i also wanna build new front and rear bumpers that wont hit the damn ground so much

Re: Vehicle preperation for spring break????

Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    ...I'd also like to put a cage in it, but that is a little far fetched since i lack the machine to do it. - Doug [/B]
    There are those of us who have benders...

So i'm coming to Louisana?????

AgDieseler
    Priority #1 is a new tranny, which will happen at the end of this month. And since I lack the funds to do large mods, I'm just going to rebuild my rear suspension. Greasable bushings, new sliders, & teflon paint.

BTW: Does anybody have a bumper mount trialer that my burban will fit on?

Shaggy
    Originally posted by AgDieseler

BTW: Does anybody have a bumper mount trialer that my burban will fit on?
    i do but i am gonna be using it to haul my bronco

AgDieseler
    Surely you won't be using it Feb. 28th!

Shaggy
    Originally posted by AgDieseler
    Surely you won't be using it Feb. 28th!
    nope i'm sure not... but it is back in waco and i think it has a skidsteer on it right now that needs to go down south in the next couple weeks... i could check on it but i doubt they will let anyone besides me pull it

Even if the Mazda was ready I couldn't afford to go with the prices of fuel these days. Looks like I'll be working full time during Spring Break.

http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbt...5&o=&fpart=all

AgDieseler
    This happens every winter. Welcome to the wonderful world of diesels. There is a larger demand for heating oil in the North, and since diesel isn't refined much past that, it affects the price for our fuel all over the US. Just wait. Once it starts warming up in Yankeeland, the price will go down.

I have to get a cage in mine or I'm not going, I would like to get rock sliders on it as well, so we will see.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

You should tag along with Brandini when we build his. We'll knock yours out while we're at it.

Same goes for you, Doug, though 3 in a weekend may not be possible.

I'm more than willing to lend my bender/shop/limited skills to anyone interested in making the 200 mile trip.

BigRedFord04

Re: Vehicle preperation for spring break????

Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    i'm in the process of rebuilding the entire front axle. Ball joints, bearings, seals, New bushings in the front leaf springs and frame, new calipers, 1-ton master cylinder.
    Once again...you're welcome
    Originally posted by Cajun
    I'm more than willing to lend my bender/shop/limited skills to anyone interested in making the 200 mile trip
    sounds like he's using the rest of y'all as test dummies for when he builds his own ...although...dave's did turn out nice

i probably wont be making a s/b trip but soon enough i need to replace my rear leaf springs, shorten my track bar and maybe get my frame straightened so my truck will actually point towards its destination, instead of 5 degrees to the left
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 02-09-2003 at 11:46 PM.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I need to finish building the Patrol and hope it runs AND drives.

In other preperation:
    Tow rig needs a good going through - all fluids, u-joints, belts, hoses. I have never changed the tranny fluid, rear diff fluid, x-fer case fluid etc... so I need to check everything and prep it for a goose neck in case I need to tow one.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

fbronco86
    well the bronco runs pretty good. i have a steer box leak i have to fix that and put in a 1ton master cylinder and then everything should be super. i am not sure how this thing is going to flex. I would have liked a run at glimer to drive this thing but i will have to break it in at spring break should be some good fun.

also the cooling system on the diesel is going to get some help along with new front brakes and changing every fluid in it.