Thread: Jeep Lift: body&suspension vs suspension

jazzie

Jeep Lift: body&suspension vs suspension

My jeep is my main set of wheels. That being said obviously it needs to still fit in various parking garages. I am debating on a combination 1 inch body lift and a 2.5 inch suspension lift as opposed to an outright suspension lift. My question is are there any drawbacks to doing this when compared to just the full suspension lift? Also I am looking at a spring over setup while doing all this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    thanks,
    -Brad

Shaggy
    Just spring it over... it wont have any trouble fitting in parking garages

what size tires are you going to run, and do you plan on swapping the rear axle out for something stronger?

do you already have a slip yoke eliminator kit?

if you want to do it quick and cheap, 2.5" lift springs and 1" body lift would work good. I had that setup on mine and with some cutting had 36" TSL's

BigRedFord04
    parking garages on campus are almost all 7'0" w/ the exception of the one by the SCC which is 6'8"...not that I ever go, bein' 7'3" hinders even the idea...it is kinda cool though to say my truck wont fit in the garage

Don't go over 7' if you want to fit in any garage. Norm is 7' tall with the following:

SOA
    2.5" Springs (a little less now)
    2" body lift
    33's

You could do 33's with the SOA only or 35's with the SOA and a 1" body lift.

You will need a slip yoke eliminator and a stronger rear axle (or ready supply of axle shafts).

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...