Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My Powerstroke problems

ZF5 or ZF6 auto bad standard good auto bad

Is that the same 5 spd auto they put behind the 6.0s?

Originally posted by AGRVR
    Mine still has has happy tags (03 7.3) and already got a new tranny (went back in when the odo had 350 miles).

Has 2500 now and haven't had any other problems yet - touch wood...
    I thought you got a Jetta or something...?

Shaggy
    Originally posted by bburris

I thought you got a Jetta or something...?
    he is the first ever person i have ever met that lost money selling a d90 which he got a passat w8 for, 1 month and put about 10000 miles on it (ragged the **** out) and traded it in... then waisted more money on a truck which he blew the tranny within the first 500 miles... i bet he gets something new next month

I know that the ZF 5 is a 5 speed and that the ZF 6 is a 6 speed.
    I should explained what I was trying to say:

Autos suck. Get a manual.

Still don't understand what you mean about a 5 speed auto. They didn't have one untill the 6.0s. They used a 4 speed called the A4OD or something like that in all 3/4+ ton trucks from something like 88 to current.

To quote myself:

"Is that the same 5 spd auto they put behind the 6.0s?"

You are saying that they only got the 5 speed auto when the 6.0s came out in 2003. His truck is a 2003 7.3, so isn't that about the same time they started putting the 5 speed auto in the 6.0s? I know the E4OD is behind the pre 2003 7.3s. Just wondering if they put this new tranny behind the 2003 7.3s.

AGRVR
    Originally posted by Shaggy

he is the first ever person i have ever met that lost money selling a d90
    First, have you even known anyone else who owns a D90? Second who told you I lost money on it? For the record, of course I lost money on it. I owned it for 2 years and put 30Kmiles on it. The only people who have bought and sold D90s who didn't lose money are those who bought them NEW, and then sold them with less than 20K miles...just like the fawker I got mine from.

The Passat blew...it was a car...nuff said.

Trucks fixed...I'll keep it, but might buy something else too soon...probably a cheap i mean jeep.

Krawler68
    the E4OD was in fords until 97... 98 was a gap year for 3/4 and 1 tons... the Ford went to a 4R100 in all their big trucks... this auto is much better than the E4OD, but still blows. It is a 4 speed auto.

Doug

Originally posted by Chadnutz
    Just wondering if they put this new tranny behind the 2003 7.3s.
    The 2003 is the last year you can get the 7.3 as far as I know and you can only get it with the old 4 speed auto. The new 5 speed auto only comes with the new 6.0.
    '50 F-1 (some day might be a 4x4)
    '10 Expedition EL
    '09 F150 Supercrew

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i was under the impression that ford was plannign on keeping the 7.3 and 6.0 on the market for a while.

and doug, 98 was sort of a gap year. they did produce a limited amount of F250s. however, they were the f150 bodystyle, 7 lug axles, and only came with the mid size v8(i guess what replaced the 351)
    Last edited by StevenAg03; 02-24-2003 at 09:48 PM.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Krawler68
    98 was that gap year... F-250HD's made in 97 were still old body style... the new F-250's were light duty halfs.

Doug

Originally posted by StevenAg03

and doug, 97 was sort of a gap year. they did produce a limited amount of F250s. however, they were the f150 bodystyle, 7 lug axles, and only came with the mid size v8(i guess what replaced the 351)
    I heard about fords having 7 lugs as early as 95 when they came out with hubcaps with only seven fake lug nuts. I contribute the rumors to idiots. Light duty F-250s had 5 lugs, and the same drivetrain as the F-150s, just heavier springs.

98 was the "gap" year. Ford actually did make 98 model HD trucks. Exactly the same as 97 HD trucks. All I've seen were cab & chassis fleet trucks.
    Last edited by eight; 03-03-2003 at 09:09 PM.

Actually, if you take Chevy and GMC truck sales and combine them they outsell Ford. I think I would have given Ford the boot after the incidents with the first vehicle. Why would $17,000 and some change tell you anything but "POS"!?

fbronco86
    yup
    I hope my non turbo 7.3l does not have than many problems. I know that the blocks get that cavataion stuff and water comes threw the cylinder walls and the valves guides are not oiled at all cause the old 6.9's had heavy oil consumption. therefore the heads wear out. anything else. so are any of diesel's any good. i think i have heard bad things about them all.

Ford was the only choice in crew cab diesels. Technically chevy made them too but they had too little power, so they don't count. Still not sure about the duramax, I don't know anybody that really uses one, and they cost too much, and they hurt the supply of front axles for future off-roaders. Dodge is right in not calling their new quad cab a "crew cab". A crew would not want to ride in that cab. I don't see why they couldn't just add 6 more inches...
    Last edited by eight; 02-24-2003 at 05:58 PM.