Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My Powerstroke problems

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    every guy on the ford truck board that owns a 98 f250 light duty says they are infact 7 lug. now, you can call them a liar if you want but i wouldnt. also noone makes after market rims for these trucks.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

The only people that thought they knew anything about it on the offroad.com ford forum said it was on 97 models.
    Last edited by eight; 02-24-2003 at 11:28 PM.

nice graphic steven, you kickass at paint... Five lugs,seven lugs? who gives a ****, F*rds suck anyway...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Hey mister die hard IH fag.... Who makes the Powerstroke?

Krawler68
    Chadwell,

It has become apparent over the life of this thread that you know nothing and are trying to justify your purchase of a powerstroke. Welcome to the fold.

Doug
    Last edited by Krawler68; 02-25-2003 at 08:36 AM.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Originally posted by Krawler68
    Chadwell,

It has become apparent over the life of this thread that you know nothing and are trying to justify your purchase of a powerstroke. Welcome the fold.

Doug
    I was thinking the same thing... My Cummins runs good - fixin to pull a 28' flat deck with two trucks to AZ and back. I will keep ya'll posted on how it does in the AZ mountains. I know the rent cars I drive have a hard time keeping up on some of those climbs on 17 between Flagstaff and Phoenix. Tractor trailer combos run about 30mph.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Originally posted by eight
    The only people that thought they knew anything about it on the offroad.com ford forum said it was on 97 models.

well i guess your right then....i mean noone that actually owns one of these trucks could be right anyway .....i never said that i read on the offroad forum board...i read on the ford truck enthusiast(sp?) board.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

Well let's see here.

The stat that grayson provided was through may 2002, thought it may very well still be accurate. It is noteworthy however that it is for total light truck sales, which includes SUVs and who knows what else...minivans?. Also, that would include all of GMs "trucks" like the saturn SUV and the Buick one etc. As for the single highest selling vehicle, It is the Ford F-series. With the light duty and heavy duty seperation, it kind of screws everything up. I think that if you are talking pickup trucks only though, that Ford outsells chevy and GMC combined though. I could not find a website but I am sure its out there somewhere. I think I am going o take a stab at the lug thing and see if I am right or it needs correcting.

F150 -- new body 5 lug
    F250 LD -- ??
    F250HD, 350 -- old body, 8 lug

F150 -- new body, 5 lug
    F250 LD -- new body, 7 lug
    F250HD, 350 -- Old body, 8 lug

F150 -- new body, 5 lug
    F250 LD -- new body, ? lug
    F250 HD, 350 -- new superduty, 8 lug

So it looks like all you need is a rundown of which years they made F250 LD, what body style they were (i think all new) and how many lugs (at least some 7).

On another note, I have only noticesd one of these, maybe it was a one of a kind thing, but when I was at the lake one day, I saw a crew cab, short bed, chevy, 4x4, and it had heavy half emblems on it. I thought it was sweet. Anyone know anything about these? EDIT : I remembered what i liked about it - the badging said "1500HD" pretty subtle as it was the only thing i saw on there. Maybe it is just some after market thing. Pimp.

seems like chevy made another "old school" option, body or whatever, but it is not comign to me right now.

Out,
    Seth
    Last edited by Seth; 02-25-2003 at 01:13 PM.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Originally posted by Chadnutz
    Hey mister die hard IH fag.... Who makes the Powerstroke?
    Hey Ford/Mazda fag.....the last real IH, was made in 1980. IH light line was completely different that whatever new ****piles the "new International" heavy truck line is churning out.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Krawler68
    It suffices to say... anyone with die hard brand loyalty has been chewing lead paint chips.

There is NO best brand... I am partial to Dodge, despite the fact that i want a real 4 door truck. The ONLY reason I would consider getting into another 7.3 liter powerstroke was if I decided I needed a crew cab. I too am not sold on the duramax yet.

Doug

BigRedFord04
    i called varsity ford parts dept and talked to Bruce, he told me that ALL F250LD are 7 lug, and that that 5 lug wheel/7 lug cap idea is crap.

I've seen 7 lug cap, 8 lug wheels... Pretty gay...

Doug, the only justification I need is to be satisfied with what I bought, and I am. So don't worry about me looking for anything on this thread.

Go to the International dealer to get your Powerstroke parts and save money. Are you trying to tell me that International does not make Powerstrokes?

BigRedFord04
    I've seen 7 lug cap, 8 lug wheels... Pretty gay...
    maybe you just cant count
    Are you trying to tell me that International does not make Powerstrokes?
    Originally posted by Fredo
    IH light line was completely different that whatever new ****piles the "new International" heavy truck line is churning out.
    I think he was trying to say that the new stuff is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than what the former TRUE IH stuff used to be. I dont know how else to translate from english to...well..."ENGLISH MF...do you speak it??"
    Last edited by BigRedFord04; 02-25-2003 at 04:39 PM.

Krawler68

Are you trying to tell me that International does not make Powerstrokes?

No, I'm telling you you're being an idiot.

Doug

ford did not make a f250LD in 97. they started it in 98. however, after 98 they changed from a light duty f250 to a "heavy duty" f150. this f150 has the optional 7700lb spring package and DOES have 7 lug. it is still being produced as far as i know. it is rare though.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500