Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring break update!!!!

Spring break update!!!!

It's now 10:00 PM and we are 88 miles from El Paso. I'm in a exxon gas station that has free internet while john tate loads his pull rig (suburban) onto his trailer. He blew up his ring and pinion. So now he is going to drive the bronco the rest of the way. As far as me, I had some fuel delivery problems due to a clogged fuel filter. Dropped the gas tank first because it would run fine with a full tank, so we thought it was a broken pick up. Ended up being the fuel filter. Oh well 3 hours to go...

stinger7401
    Ok now from the group that left from SA. We arrived here at around 7:30 and some of us began to dirink. Me, Robert, Ryan Busa and troy all went out, kinda messed up to. HAHA. Anyways weather is great up here and tommrow will be our first trail. I'll keep you update as much as i can.

Oh and we saw a hot chick on the road and got a pic, man i feel like bedwetter

stinger7401
    here it is.....

stinger7401
    Oh yeh and last night at a 6:30 right before we went to laod the jeep we took it out for a a ride onn hte road and loan behold pow! rear axle shaft split! Got it fixed and on the trailer to head out.

Heres a pic....

I just got off the phone with Freddy. Here's the dammage so far...

Scott's Patrol: Broken rear control arm

Cody's Isuzu thing: Broken rear control arm and three trashed driveshafts

Gregs Avalanche thing: Two broken axleshafts and a dodgy hub.

St. John's XJ: Pissy power steering

Krebs contraption: Leaky x-fer case

Sounds like fun, huh?

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

sounds about right. can't have a tamor trip without having to drop a gas tank.

that sucks about those axles on gregs jeep, I thought they were bullet proof?

and what exactly happened to that axle nick?

Evidently, Greg broke axles on the opposite corners of his Jeep at the same time. This was on that trail with the famous Warrn picture. I'll bet avalanche is going to get a nasty call tomorrow.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

And to think I stayed here to work. What was I thinking

Sounds like a great/usual TAMOR outing. Glad to see the kids carring the banner forward.

The question is who will win the RJ award - taking an unfinished rig out there on a trailer and slaving all week to make her trail able. there has to be someone?

Theres several contenders for the RJ award.

Could be a 4 way tie.

That's what I like to here

stinger7401
    uPDATE: Well Marks update was correct except for he forgot to mention about busa's broke ass ring and pinion. Gregg exploded one of the f-450 stubb shaft that runs through the sealed hub assembly.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    UPDATE:
    Jonothan Tate rolled his rig on it's side. Not too bad - he took off from the trailer parking area and came walking back 10 minutes later. He was jacking off and drove off the side of the road...

I broke the center pin on my left front leaf spring also. This made my truck dirve very funny - having TWO crooked axles both tweeked towards the center of the truck. The rear driveshaft had to be removed to keep from torquing the arm any more. I had to drive back to the hotel sideways in front wheel drive after I righted Jonothan's Tate Bronco that he rolled!
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

fbronco86
    Ahh yes the spring break trip.
    The first night me and ryan turned the the wrong way and went down a extreme trail. yeah that was neat. i had to break in the bronco some time. ryan bent a steering arm and i did some body damage. other than that we did alright. come to find out we were going backward on the trail.

next day John broke the front TTB 44 in mid trail that was fun to get him out. his also broke the steering and a ujoint that night. then we got lost on the trail. so we sent lissa out to find are way she broke her control arm. then it was me and ryan's turn to find the way home. lissa ended up finding the main road with 3 of the 4 control arms. on the main road i almost rolled my bronco and tate had a close call again. for real what is up with the broncos and the roll over deal? i am gonna call bad driving.

next day
    dona mts (CRAP)
    we left and had steak dinner that night

next day
    then we went out with the "moggler" some guy in town with a heep on mog 404's he was gay but showed us a good trail to play on(off broadway) i left after breaking a front shackle.

That extreme trail was Patzcuarro's Revenge.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Ok, St.John and I just rolled into Dallas. Yes, it is 4:30 am and yes, we did leave Las Cruces at Noon. It was an interesting day to say the least. I'm going to go pass out, but I'll explain and put some pics up tomorrow. By the by, if anyone has heard anything out of tate, let me know...I hope the kid's doing ok in his adventure home.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)