Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Las Cruces to....ah sh*t

There is a difference in price, but you don't have to look very hard to see where your money goes.

Yep. And sleeping in the backseat is as comfy as a college couch. I slept like a baby. ~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

So you bought a Dodge Doug?

Krawler68
    Nope...still cruising the powerstroke... I haven't found a Dodge that has been what I was looking for yet... I'm still kinda torn. Just reminiscing on a BADASS test drive and the in cab computer... mmmm... Dodge.

Doug

Shaggy
    ok the 'burban is back together... some how i seemed to sheer off all 10 bolts on the ring gear... has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Don't worry eight, Ford still out sells the others put together I'm sure..

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Originally posted by Shaggy
    ok the 'burban is back together... some how i seemed to sheer off all 10 bolts on the ring gear... has anyone ever heard of this happening?
    Brandon did that with his front 30 on his Scout. It's weird, but it happens.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Originally posted by Krawler68
    I'm shooting for 22+ MPG and lots of power to boot at speeds of 100+ MPH... I was getting 18 unloaded with a stock 2002 dodge doing 119 on the highway.... now that's pulling in style.

Doug
    Thats not too bad considering the tires are rated for 98mph.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

AGRVR
    I've got 5500 miles on my Powerstroke now and my highway mileage is staying around 20 unloaded btwn 75-80mph. I think it could be worse now with the incredible amount of pollen that has collected on it - **** The Woodlands...

Oh what I would give for a chip, 3.55s and a Gear Vendor. Then I'd be pushing 25 rather than 15 city, 17 highway.

Why do I need 4.10s when I pull in overdrive? 3.55s would be wonderful. Even if I pulled in 4th I pull what, 1% of the time?

fbronco86
    well my diesel got 9 on the way and 11 on the way home. i can only really drive about 70mph. on the way there i had my foot on the floorboard for about 3 hours. gotta love that non turbo. also i put alot of black smoke out. i think i had about 8k i would not wanna pull any more than that with mine. the truck pulls great at 60mph but who wants to go 60.

Shaggy
    i just went to discount to replace my tire with the sidewall hole... i dont have the paperwork that i got when i bought them in december of 99... the guy said there was nothing he could do because their computers only stoor info for 2 years and anything older than that then your **** out of luck... well with a little bitching he "hooked me up" as he said... i told him thanks for doing it but he really wasnt doing me any favors because i bought certificates when i got my tires and he was just doing what he was supposed to do... well needless to say i am about to go pick up my new 35-12.50-15 KM that i only payed 31 bones for... gotta love discount

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    for those of ya'll who didn't catch it on the other thread:
    I tallied up my fuel bill:
    $516.85 for 301.97 gallons

I got about 9.4 mpg pulling the 28 foot gooseneck going 70~75 with 35" tires.

Dave - did you correct for the tires??? I add 11% to my milage to correct for the bigger tires. If you didn't, it shoud help you out alot.

FYI - Greg's DuraCrap got around 8mpg pulling his gooseneck to NC last year

Kevin - I have heard of PowerJokes getting 20mpg but have never seen it in a crew cab 4x4. Are you lookin at your computor or are you actually checting it by topping off the tank each time and using the trip meter?
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

I didn't correct for the tires. Also, I was going by the computer, I didn't bother to keep track of the gallons manually.

~dso

From what I've seen, you actually get better mileage than what the computer says.

I got 17.5 mpg from College Station to a little before Sonora. Then the wind picked up and mileage dropped enough that I didn't want to check it. I add 15% to my miles for the 35s, my truck came with 245s.

What is the english equivalent of 285s?