Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: spring break roll over

Shaggy
    that sucks ass man... but look at it this way... you may be able to buy it back from the insurance company for less than you owe on it now... dont feel bad i rolled mine too this past week... good luck with everything

BigRedFord04
    ahem....no you MAY NOT! its a FORD!

bigFAWKINranger
    okay ladies. thanks for the suggestions. my options are as follows- insurance, they might total it, or might fix it... OR i chop the top off, build a 6pt cage and see if i can run a CJ or YJ soft top on it. i like the second idea better.
    anybody have REAL experience with insurance claims??? will they pay it off, or will they give me blue book value? if they pay it off, i will not have the $$ to buy it back OR buy anything else... i'll be screwed. if they give me blue book, and its more than i owe- i'll pay off the truck and buy back the ranger, execute option 2 above and save $$ to buy a DAILY/TOW rig.
    i dunno what to do here- i'm really torn. mechanically its in great shape... just the windows are busted out and the doors are ****ed.

bigFAWKINranger

bigFAWKINranger

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by eight
    If it was stock they'd give you blue book value, more than one would sell for. Not sure what they're gonna say about your mods. But if you have one of those cheap insurance companies you may have to get a lawyer after them.
    i have a reputable insurance co- FARMERS INSURANCE. my dad is being a pissy little b!tch and hasn't even talked to me bc he's mad that his insurance might go up. so i dunno if i'll even claim it. anybody have any INTELLIGENT comments or suggestions about the soft top idea?? how hard would it be? i want to get a cage anyway--- if i just built it along the lines of a "jeep" cage then the only tough part would be matching it up to the body and making some chitty little removeable doors.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    i think you ought to just fix the cab. it looks bad ass(before you rolled it anyway). i personally would not want to have the hassle of cutting off the roof. might cause a lot of structural strength problems. if it were me, i would fix the cab and exo cage it.

got any better pix of before the roll, but after the flat bed?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    That really sucks - sorry man.... not that I have any experience in the area.

I have never owed money on a truck that I have rolled but have always claimed insurance, bought the truck back, and spent the spare money building it. I would assume that Farmers would give you blue book and you would have to pay it off with that.

My suggestion depends on how much you owe on it and if you can afford another daily driver/tow rig while STILL paying for your "trail" rig.

What the hell does your dad have to do with your insurance - are you still sixteen or something - don't you have your own policy???

Don't do a custom top. Ask Chris Scotti about that

First step - call insurance see what they say and get off your daddy's account so he stops complaining. Go from there depending on the insurance money...
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by StevenAg03
    i think you ought to just fix the cab. it looks bad ass(before you rolled it anyway). i personally would not want to have the hassle of cutting off the roof. might cause a lot of structural strength problems. if it were me, i would fix the cab and exo cage it.

got any better pix of before the roll, but after the flat bed?
    don't have any pre-rollover pics with the flatbed. sorry man.

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by redcagepatrol
    That really sucks - sorry man.... not that I have any experience in the area.

I have never owed money on a truck that I have rolled but have always claimed insurance, bought the truck back, and spent the spare money building it. I would assume that Farmers would give you blue book and you would have to pay it off with that.

My suggestion depends on how much you owe on it and if you can afford another daily driver/tow rig while STILL paying for your "trail" rig.

What the hell does your dad have to do with your insurance - are you still sixteen or something - don't you have your own policy???

Don't do a custom top. Ask Chris Scotti about that

First step - call insurance see what they say and get off your daddy's account so he stops complaining. Go from there depending on the insurance money...
    the reason i'm on my dad's policy is that i cannot find cheaper coverage anywhere. $125 a month for full coverage is pretty good. i'm gonna let the body shop guys at my dealership give me an estimate... i'll go from there.

I don't know what Farmer's does, but the way I've understood is that some insurance companies give you the money to replace the truck (if it's totalled) and then you have to provide reciepts for the rest of the junk that got broken (lift, tires, etc.) and they may/may not buy those for you.
    BDR

AgDieseler
    When dealing with the aftermath of "the Miata incident", Farmers was very cool with me. I did a lot of the work, and they bought a ton of parts. We did a lot of transactions where I bought the parts and Farmers reimbursed me. Hopefully, you'll get a good adjuster like I did. No matter what you do, KEEP EVERY RECEIPT!!! It will save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

BTW: keep the cab, it look(ed) awesome

stinger7401
    oK nix, no smartass comment, i'm holdin it back.....j/k

for one, that sucks, for two i'd price a cab at a junkyard and do that route rather or not insurence pulls through. My bro wrecked his z71 we got estimates for about 2800, got a check and did the work ourselves, had someone paint it and still had like 900 left over. I'd try to go this route. You know though that they're gonna prolly try and pull the bull**** of lift and tire caused the **** to roll so make sure and fight it somehow. Make sure and have a good storry ready and stick with it. Whatever you do don't chop the top. If anything leave it like it is, maybe straighten it a bit and then exo it. Maybe weld the doors shut and pull a dukes of hazard but do put on the exo.

By the way what happend? Do you think it was caused by the swap? And this should have been our first question, are you OK? Did you have you seatbelt on?

Hope everything swings your way.
    Last edited by stinger7401; 03-19-2003 at 12:08 AM.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    if you can't make it to the Pirate 4x4 bash - I want your spot!!!
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!