Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: spring break roll over

Krawler68
    because big companies don't work sensibly like that. They follow a set of rules pretty unbendingly. Especially a company like Farmers... I would expect you to get quite a bit of flack from Farmers for a claim. They have quite a reputation for being seedy in their dealings with their insured. I would recommend if you get your own insuance seperate from your dad's that you get it somewhere else. Farmers may seem cheap to you right now, but they have been in quite the hot seat recently for unethical business practice and dropped claims on nearly 75% or their insured homes with claims.

Doug

I'll never understand how insurance companies can drop claims. That **** should be illegal. My roommate was rear ended by some kid. Then someone rear ended the kid and that pushed him into my roommate some more who was then pushed into the car in front of him. The kids insurance, who should have paid since it was his fault, didn't even pay to repair my roommates car. WTF! It wasn't my roommates fault his car got smashed, but he is left to pay for it?!?!

Enlighten me...

Krawler68
    BTW...it is illegal to drop claims... that's why Farmer's had a cease and decist order from the AG of Texas' office around election time this year... It was one of Rick perry's Re-election platforms.

Doug

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Originally posted by Chadnutz
    I'll never understand how insurance companies can drop claims. That **** should be illegal. My roommate was rear ended by some kid. Then someone rear ended the kid and that pushed him into my roommate some more who was then pushed into the car in front of him. The kids insurance, who should have paid since it was his fault, didn't even pay to repair my roommates car. WTF! It wasn't my roommates fault his car got smashed, but he is left to pay for it?!?!

Enlighten me...

your roommate was at fault for hitting the car in front of him. it does not matter if someone hit him or not. he was too close to the car in front of him. it sucks that it is like this, but thats how it goes some times....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

I had Progressive when I lived in Detroit. I got rear-ended on the way to work one morning and got pushed into the car in front of me. Michigan is a "no-fault" state, which means each individual is responsible for the damages to their own vehicle, regardless of who caused the accident.

I sent a copy of the police report to Progressive and put them in contact with the officer who responded, and Progressive went after the guy's insurance company for my damages. End result: I paid no money to have $1200 worth of repairs done to our XJ.

This is how it should work. If your insurance company is being a bitch about paying a claim that they owe you, FIGHT BACK! Remember, this is why you have insurance. Call them, or better yet send letters by certified mail (so you have proof of receipt) and SAVE ALL RECORDS OF CORRESPONDENCE! You'll have to make sure that you know your policy better than they do, but that probably won't be too hard. If all else fails, get a lawyer.

We fought this battle with Mayflower when we moved from Detroit back to LA. One of our pieces of artwork was damaged, another dissapeared. We wanted the missing piece back, and the damaged piece fixed. They responded with a form letter stating that "they've done everything they could, but couldn't find our piece, they're sorry, blah blah" with no offer or resitution. Diya writes back-"fine, here's an appraisal of the piece and a bill for repairs, send us a check for $6K." They say, "no, it's your fault, you didn't label the package correctly." She says "No, YOU labeled all our packages, here's documentation to prove it." They say "You didn't follow this, this, and this." She says "Yes we did, here's documentation to prove it." They don't respond for a month. We get a lawyer, and file suit against Mayflower for $6K in damages. They counter, and due to some obscure technicality with packaging they're not liable for the full amount. End result, we get a check for $3500.

Sorry for the long story, but this is a sore spot with me. I will not tolerate people, companies, whoever, trying to take advantage of me. The point is if you're in the right get what's yours and FAWK THEM! You just have to be willing to fight it out, which may take months.

froader03
    I don't think it's your fault if you stop your vehicle before hitting the one in front of you. that means you were at a safe following distance and paying attention. now if you are forced forward after that by no fault of your own I doubt you would be guilty of any sort of violation where you would end up having to pay for any damages.

Who actually leaves enough space to be hit once by a car, and then once again, but being pushed by two cars. Especially when you think its over and let off the brakes. It was obviously not his fault, and if his car wasn't a major POS he might have actually fought it. I ended up trading that car for $50 and the toy axle, so it actually helped me.

bigFAWKINranger
    gonna call the insurance co on monday. any helpful advice or tips?

BigRedFord04
    good luck