Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The last gratuitous flex pics...

eight:

I'm pretty sure that wheelbase has nothing to do with frame flex. When I want to understand concepts I blow the factors way out of proportion. Say I want to know if a large tire or a small tire takes a pot hole better. Well then I say what if I had a 30' tire. It wouldn't even feel a pot hole. Same goes with wheel base. Say I have a 100' wheel base. The angle of the truck would be extremely low from center of the front tire to center of the rear even if my front tire was 5' off the ground. RTI scores must factor the angle from the center of the rear to the center of the front tire. They higher the angle, the better the flex. Longer wheelbase vehicles can drive further up RTI ramps. In other words, a long wheelbase truck with equivalent flex as a short one would have the same wheel center to wheel center angle as a short wheelbase rig would.

Krawler68
    that's why wheelbase is in the denominator in the RTI calculation.

Doug

Krawler68
    maybe I have always misunderstood how RTI is calculated... but the RTI I've seen taken is off a line perpendicular to the ground from the hub and measured to the beginning of the ramp... ahving NOTHING to do with the placement of the rear tire.

Doug

who give a **** if the frame flexes? If it flexes it flexes and that's a bonus on your mall crawler score... I am personally glad i have increased the rigidity of my frame with a cage tied into it... don't care if it costs me ??? points on the Ramp.

You're right about that RTI thing, but then that number is divided by the wheel base. Anyway, none of this matters, we'll just end this stupid discussion, I've got studying to do.

Frame flex is a bad thing on most vehicles (corrected for Rex), mine just seems to do it alot. Hence the welder, so I can fix it when it cracks.
    Last edited by eight; 03-24-2003 at 09:34 PM.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    oh yeah...well I can piss farther than all of you.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Krawler68
    I'm sure you can... it only stands to reaons that the man with the smallest piss hole can build up more pressure and hence spray a stream further than someone like Ryan or Myself whol has to deal with a severly reduced amount of backpressure due to our rather large equipment.

Doug

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    ah....point doug....very nicely done my friend. Yet, it stands to reason that the person with the longest equipment may not have the pressure, but does in fact have the furthest reach, hence I can piss the farthest.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Krawler68
    I'd be curious top find out the inverse relationship between length of equipment and size of piss hole in their ability to piss said distance.

Doug

here's what William Forsythe has to say

Rex
    Frame flex is a bad thing, mine just seems to do it alot. Hence the welder, so I can fix it when it cracks.
    Not if its engineered into the vehicle. My mog's frame is engineered to flex and has engine mounts and tranny mounts that allow it too, ever wonder why mogs flex so well?