Thread: cheapest place for a welder?

aggielr

cheapest place for a welder?

does anyone know where the cheapest place is, or done any checkin around for a Hobart 175?

Re: cheapest place for a welder?

Originally posted by aggielr
    does anyone know where the cheapest place is, or done any checkin around for a Hobart 175?
    just go get a arc welder and if you need to do any sheetmetal welding rent the home depo wirefeed

Rex
    make an obw out of an alternator like one on por tech, then you can have it for the trails too.

aggielr
    i think i'm goin to go ahead and go for the hobart 175, its a good welder and it'll do everything i want for the next few years, and i have enough for it, cheapest place i have found so far is on some website

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    I would definatly go with the mig if you havent done a whole lot of welding before.....it is hard to fawk up a mig weld....although i have seen it done many a time...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

TSC carries Hobart for reasonable prices
    you may check at Sam's, that's where David got teh best deal for his arc welder though, but I'm not sure if they have migs

aggielr
    well since i'm goin home this summer, my dad has 1 miller arc welder and a welder/generator, and my grandpa has a miller arc i don't think i'll have a problem accessing one, and i want a mig for some of the small stuff, but i can weld w/ an arc, it usually isn't a pretty weld, but i've yet to break one