Thread: Sneak Peek of Monstor Garage EB

Krawler68

Sneak Peek of Monstor Garage EB

Thought y'all might like these.

Doug

wow, an uncut EB, what a waste. Other than that, way cool.

Krawler68
    personally I like the way they shortened the rear fenders to utilize the stock rear lower fender instead of the classic cut like i did... I think it's pretty cool...

Doug

interesting, but they built a rock crawler out of an off road rig.

whats the challenge in that?

They get what, $3000 plus "freebies" that would cost me $10,000? And those coilovers look like theyd wipe out the budget pretty quick. Hell, I only need $1500 to finish mine.

Krawler68
    Those are 39.5" Krawlers and Hutchison Beadlocks... looks like 4000 in tires and wheels alone.

Dynatrac D60's put it a little high too...

still a fun show... better than "everybody loves raymond" or "trading spaces"

Doug

They seem to have missed the "must look stock" thing that they sometimes try for.

Oh, did you guys see the end of the Mazda RX-7/ sand rail episode. They made a quick modification to the Mazda after the end of the race. Nutz if the SAS doesn't work out, you ought to consider the same mod.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

Krawler68
    ***...good one Mark.

Doug

I really hope those guys still got credit for a success, and got the tools. They did their part, the cludged-on paddle tire worked. Problem was the design sucked from the beginning, not to mention there was no way in hell they were ever going to outrun those rails, the RX-7 was just too heavy. Too heavy and little traction is never a good combination.

I'm interested to see how the cage was done on the EB. On the rail, Jesse made the "B" hoop from 2 pieces! I'd think someone with his metalworking skills could put 4, or even just 2, bends in a piece of tubing.

Krawler68
    Jesse's bending experience is limited to simple single plane bending on his bike's chassis... the bare chassis i saw had several joints that had been welded mid tubing and ground down... he covers them with paint, so nobody knows.

I think the guys he had helping him have WAY more experience bending than he does, and would make sure not to let him half-ass it.

I don't think it's that he is TRYING to nig rig anything I just think he doesn't really know better.

Doug

Originally posted by Cajun
    the RX-7 was just too heavy. Too heavy and little traction is never a good combination.
    The RX-7 was just stupid. They should have just tubbed the bitch and put two paddle tires on it. But at least it had a nasty paint job. I will say this though, that last little modification that Jessie did with the Suburban and the some 7.62 lovin', its all the rage in Iraq.

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...