Thread: Dropping Aux. Fuel Tank

Ingenloff

Question Dropping Aux. Fuel Tank

Gonna probably end up dropping the aux. fuel tank in the Ford sometime this weekend, as that tank hasn't been used in 3 or more years and leaks from three of the four points where the two mounting brackets are attached....was wondering if anyone knew how/where I could dispose of the nasty ass gas in there when the job is done??? And also, if there's anything else I need to look out for while doing this.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    around the yard - front and back, fenceline, cracks in driveway, edges of flower beds etc...

Neighbors yard - write a message
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Ingenloff
    Originally posted by redcagepatrol
    around the yard - front and back, fenceline, cracks in driveway, edges of flower beds etc...

Neighbors yard - write a message
    ***....thanks oh so much ..... maybe I should rephrase my question....what is the proper/legal/appropriate disposal method????.......besides, there's no one that aggrevates me enough to make me do that to them (except maybe my range prof....)

crawlingno5
    damn environmentalists

Ingenloff
    Originally posted by crawlingno5
    damn environmentalists

It aint so much that as I a) have no one's yard to dump it in and b) dont dislike anyone enough at the moment to kill their lawn.

call a bigger oil change place/mechanic type place - like Midas

if they don't dispose of the stuff they may know who does

Doux Chene sewage works great for those kinds of problems

you have a garage spot - just park over one of the storm drains and let it rip - I know someone who used to do that.....not saying any names though...

*ahem*Krebs*ahem*

Hey come one now, that was only carb cleaner, and so what if we bled brakes straight onto the pavement. Anyways, if you need a driveway kate, you can use ours. I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to do stuff in those parking garages. Call first though - 694-2781

Shaggy
    she isnt in the parking garage... they made her take her truck out of there because it was leaking so bad... it was at my house for a while but now is at an apartment complex... i think we are gonna drop it on sunday... im not sure how much actually leaked out of it thus far but i think it had about 19 gallons in it. i dont think more than 5 or so have drained out of it. but if anyone actually knows of anywhere to take it, that would be great... hell if anyone just wants to syphon it and use it in their truck that would be fine too... Me and Austin already tried but the outcome was nothing but gassy taste in austin's mouth

Our asphault street works well, if not i have 2, 5 gallon gas cans she could save it in.

just mix it in with your used motor oil. then give it to austin and have him dispose of it. if you need soome used motor oil to mix it with I got some you can have.

Shaggy
    i think there is plenty here in my garage... well lots of it is actually gear oil but its like whatever man