Thread: Ford Rear Axle

BigRedFord04

Ford Rear Axle

At this point, 9" is preferrable. 67" WMS to WMS, 45" between spring perches.

If anyone finds a 60 or 70 for the right price i'll consider it, but if thats the case it needs to be one w/ a speedo sensor plug in it, i.e.: newer Ford vans or F450s.

Buy my 60. $75 o.b.o., delivery to CS available. 4.10, open, 67" WMS-WMS.

Krawler68
    what year is it out of?

Doug

Yup, 30 spline 8-lug FF. It's from a '78-'79, not sure which. The brake drums spin freely, but look rough.

BigRedFord04
    if i get a 60 or 70 i want it to at least have the sensor i need in the diff so the only problem i have to deal with is getting new wheels. it'll be put in the consideration box though andy. maybe sometime we can work out a trade for some leaf springs

Registered
    How much would you pay for a 10.25 w/posi and abs?

Troy

BigRedFord04
    how much you want? what gears? good brakes?

Registered
    I don't have it yet. It is on ebay with a front 60.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...411861611&rd=1

BigRedFord04
    hmmmm.....how much are you wanting to pay for the 60? I am now looking for a 10.25" since i found out that they started making 4.88s for them and it comes w/ a speedo sensor, but considering gears and install kit for it are $430 from Randy's....i really dont want to spend very much on the axle. let me know what you decide.

I didn't look all that much when i was there this weekend but awesome auto salvage in Dallas has a bunch of rearends, and if you word it right, you might be able to obtain it for 30 bucks, and right downt he road at the u-pull-it, there were a bunch of vans, might be worth a weekend trip to big-d.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

fbronco86
    i would not get one from a van the axles are wider than the truck ones

On chevies it is the exact opposite wider on trucks and narrower on vans. For the most narrow you can get a dually axle...
    1988 Blazer...RIP

BigRedFord04
    tate and I went to Hwy 6 today, they want $200 for a 10.25"out of a `92 2wd F250. Also, we measured, the difference in the van axles is not that the axle housing itself is wider, but the spring perches are a good 4"+ farther apart than on the trucks.

Also called Randy's again, they make 4.88s for the 10.5" too...'bout the same price as they are for the 10.25"......$$$$.

I'm kinda thinkin' now that i'm just gonna leave the 8.8" in there for a while. I fixed the pinion leak, i guess all it was was a bad seal, although nothing was apparently wrong w/ it. Ring and Pinion seemed perfectly fine w/ no bad wear on any of the surfaces. I might as well save the $600-800 i would spend on it and possible save up for a beater.