View Poll Results: what should Nix do with the insurance $$?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • gears and lockers

1 4.55%
  • cage and 8 lug axles

3 13.64%
  • budget carefully and get option 1 and 2...

12 54.55%
  • beer and hookers, fook the truck!

6 27.27%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CAGE design

Originally posted by eight
    How about one like this? It says it can do a max of 2" x .25" wall.
    nope, wrong kind. might be able to bend tube, but it uses rollers instead of dies and will kind pretty bad. Theres one of those up here at school. its usefull for square tubing and thats about it.

bigFAWKINranger
    Well Doug, I never thought about having a professional do something mechanical for me, trying to stay away from them. Northern Tool For this price, it must not be good enough? You know more about them than I do.
    the kind that you posted will bend it ok, but it puts a kind of kink in the inside of the bend and will weaken the tube, you eed a hydro bender that pulls the tube over the die....

Krawler68
    I hadn't even noticed that used rollers not dies... my bad... that won't work.

I would suggest you contact either of these two places to have a professional cage built. After rolling my rig I was VERY satisfied I had it done professionally... there are plenty of other places to be cheap.

Brutal Offroad
    830-510-4622

Big Dog Custom Fab
    325-895-0535

Both places should charge 900-1300 for a cage depending on how detailed you get and if you want it powdercoated.

Doug

Krawler68
    Originally posted by bigFAWKINranger

you eed a hydro bender that pulls the tube over the die....
    not all hydro benders are tubing benders...be careful... most tubing benders are manual benders.

Also I wouldn't use .180 wall unless you get it almost free... it will multiply the weigh of your cage 50% over .120 wall... not a good trade off in my book.

Doug

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by Krawler68

not all hydro benders are tubing benders...be careful... most tubing benders are manual benders.

Also I wouldn't use .180 wall unless you get it almost free... it will multiply the weigh of your cage 50% over .120 wall... not a good trade off in my book.

Doug
    good call..... i actually meant .120- we had the weight discussion before when discussing this and .120 was decided on.

So you are getting a check for $7000+ and how much of that goes to Ford?

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by Chadnutz
    So you are getting a check for $7000+ and how much of that goes to Ford?
    thats not up to me, but i imagine they'll want the $$ that i'm behind on... so i'm offereing up $1000. i don't owe that much, but it should satisfy them

I'll give you a sweet deal on my 10 bolt in the front. let me know if you are interested.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    I'll give you a sweet deal on my 10 bolt in the front. let me know if you are interested.
    thanks for the offer, but its a pass drop, and i need a driver drop- besides, it not really much of an upgrade.... can you see if stuart has any axles for sale?

I'm sure it would hold up just fine on your ranger. I pulled tate on a trail for a long time and didn't break anything. Plus it has a posi and makes a good alternative to a 60 if you were putting a 1 ton axle in the rear since it is 8 lug. Has 4.10's also!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I'll give you $211 for it, the spare parts, and a pass side flat top. You don't have to include the swampers anymore.

I'll give you $211 for it, the spare parts, and a pass side flat top. You don't have to include the swampers anymore.
    and i get to shove it up your %*&????
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Nobody else is gonna buy it, I'm the only one dum enuff.

I'll find someone to buy it... it would be a good buy for someone that is putting a 14 bolt under their blazer.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

How about if I don't make you include a flat top? Same price.