View Poll Results: what should Nix do with the insurance $$?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • gears and lockers

1 4.55%
  • cage and 8 lug axles

3 13.64%
  • budget carefully and get option 1 and 2...

12 54.55%
  • beer and hookers, fook the truck!

6 27.27%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: CAGE design

bigFAWKINranger

Krawler68
    I think you can pick up some lexan for the windshield for WAY cheaper than buying a new windshield...

You'll regret not losing the doors right off the bat...

Also, you won't have any of those bed bars right? I thought it was a flatbed?

Doug

bigFAWKINranger
    it is a flat bed, but i like the idea of a cage that still follows the outline of the bed. i think it'll look purty sweet to have an all tubular bed.
    i want the doors.

Nix - the way you off-road that thing, the unprotected doors will end up being rendered un-useable on the first trip you take. If you really want to keep them I would say build some sort of hinged protection for them. Don't really know how that would work though...

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by bburris
    Nix - the way you off-road that thing, the unprotected doors will end up being rendered un-useable on the first trip you take. If you really want to keep them I would say build some sort of hinged protection for them. Don't really know how that would work though...
    well i fukkin need them. its my daily driver damnit... it does rain from time to time, and it gets cold as fukk too. god only knows where the corps will have me stationed. the doors STAY.
    probably. hehe.
    i might do half doors with my factory doors.

Shaggy
    whatcha need to do is keep those doors and make some tough half doors for offroading... ima gonna do it when i do my exocage this summer... i cant wait

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by Shaggy
    whatcha need to do is keep those doors and make some tough half doors for offroading... ima gonna do it when i do my exocage this summer... i cant wait
    well... the idea was sorta to just cut off all the frame work above the window base
    viola! half doors
    but i still have doors and functional windows...
    then i make it so the windows roll up and meet weatherstrip on the cage
    i'm an evil genius

keep the doors

just take them off like the toyota folk do. and maybe throw a brace in there so its got some sort of cab stiffener, the hollowed out door shell probably won't be enough.

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by robertf03
    keep the doors

just take them off like the toyota folk do. and maybe throw a brace in there so its got some sort of cab stiffener, the hollowed out door shell probably won't be enough.
    no, not hollowed out- they'll be the same as now... just from the window frame up i'll cut the door pillars off...