Thread: Swamp Donkey Progess

Threaded View

ill be your pickup man
    I took Diane to Pickups Plus last week. I have been having a "transmission issue" for about a year. Basically a hard stutter seamingly when going into OD. Trans shop who build it said it was for sure a miss but I did not believe them. No codes or anything. Anyhow, 2 ignition coils and 8 plugs and the "transmission" issue is gone. She screams now!

Also had them check out a very strange ticking from the front, pass. side of the motor. They said they fixed it with an idler pulley, but it is still doing it.

It has to get warm before it will do it, but that usually only takes a couple minutes.

This sounds weird, but it goes like this:
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick

3 sets of 4 ticks, then a set of 3 ticks. It in no way varies from this sequence. I removed the belt and ran it and the noise still persists. Maybe a valve, or maybe something with the timing chain/tensioner. It does not affect performance in any way. I just want to know what it is.

Got the camper painted and re-installed today. Would a roof rack on the camper be ? I want to mount 2 badass lights somehow. I could make a little bracket off the front Warn winch kit license plate mount thing, or mount 2 lights to a roof rack on the shell.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4