Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1217

Thread: Swamp Donkey Progess

ill be your pickup man
    I took Diane to Pickups Plus last week. I have been having a "transmission issue" for about a year. Basically a hard stutter seamingly when going into OD. Trans shop who build it said it was for sure a miss but I did not believe them. No codes or anything. Anyhow, 2 ignition coils and 8 plugs and the "transmission" issue is gone. She screams now!

Also had them check out a very strange ticking from the front, pass. side of the motor. They said they fixed it with an idler pulley, but it is still doing it.

It has to get warm before it will do it, but that usually only takes a couple minutes.

This sounds weird, but it goes like this:
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick tick
    tick tick tick

3 sets of 4 ticks, then a set of 3 ticks. It in no way varies from this sequence. I removed the belt and ran it and the noise still persists. Maybe a valve, or maybe something with the timing chain/tensioner. It does not affect performance in any way. I just want to know what it is.

Got the camper painted and re-installed today. Would a roof rack on the camper be ? I want to mount 2 badass lights somehow. I could make a little bracket off the front Warn winch kit license plate mount thing, or mount 2 lights to a roof rack on the shell.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Rod bearing
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

ill be your pickup man
    sounds more on top of the motor.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

does it go away when your rev the motor? might be a rod bearing going out.

Boss at the air port had the same problem and thought it was everything else including pulleys and lifters and ended up being the back rod bearings
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

ill be your pickup man
    Just got back from my Colorado/Wyoming trip. Put just over 4400 miles on her in 13 days without a hiccup.

I will have to post some pics once my buddy gets them up.

Yellowstone kinda sucked. Very structured.

Grand Teton was cool

Amazed at the number of slide in campers in truck beds up there. It was seriously the prefered camping method. Some of those slide ins are enormous and the majority of them were on SRW 3/4tons. Swaying and bouncing pretty good. Crazy. I want a lighter/smaller FWC for Diane.

Saw moose, bison, pronghorn antelope, mule deer, coyote, fox, and a wolf. No bears, but we were honestly pretty scared. My 3 buddies are into guns like you fags, and had all sorts of fire power, but were saying that it probably would be enough. Bunch of stories out lately about bears up there.

Spend a couple days around Buena Vista area. Gorgeous.

Weather could not have been better.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Is there still an orange 79 f-250 with a flat bed for sale on the side of the road coming into buena vista?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

ill be your pickup man
    dont recall
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Meh, I guess its better than before. I am still thinking about tearing it down and building something else, but certainly not before Clayton-palooza. Clayton plans include some more cleanup on the rear fender hacking, new plugs and an oil change on the motor, fix the winch line, and figure out what I bent in the steering on the drive back to camp. If the plugs do not fix the motor, then it will just smoke a little on her last voyage.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Why?
    F*ck off cj.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Why? Much like JB I often look at my pile of parts. Is it wicked fun at Alto? Hell Yes, but for serious rock crawling like Katemcy, Clayton, etc... it will never compete with a lighter truck or buggy. Also full sizes will always require more maintenance than a smaller vehicle due to weight. Look at Cook's rig, look at all the odd problems he has had because of the weight associated with a full size. Seriously, sometimes I want to stab BDR in his cherokee, it does pretty much everythin JB and I's rigs do, but it has a full cab and A/C... I love JB's rig and I love the Klogger because of the image, a Bronco, a Crew Cab, etc... but at the end of the day it is not the best base to start with.

I'll give you your 78/79 is holding up well, but at the end of the day, some d-bag with dana 44's and a toyota is going to crawl past you.
    Last edited by KrazyKarl02; 10-27-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

no, I know that. Why take the rear off? Now it looks like clark's, and we all know what happened to it.

I might hold off on building a cage and wait till jb decides to scrap that and I'll buy it.
    F*ck off cj.

ill be your pickup man
    The body was trashed. The fenders flopped around. It is what I was stuck on when the balljoints let loose. It looked like **** before if you really looked at it. Now its several hundred pounds lighter and I have better visibility. It looks just as ****ty as it did before, maybe a little better once I finish.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Chief
    JB you've had the bronco forever. I recall you saying something about it being your first vehicle.

Don't kill this thing, it's got too much history, and it can wheel better than most of the fullsize rigs ive seen.
    2010 VW Jetta - DD, 5 Banger, 5 Speed, 1000 Watts of sound!!
    1979 Ford Bronco Custom - 400/T18/205.. 35" SSRs, 4" lift, Rancho 5000s, 200 watts of sound!!

lowballing someone
    if he makes a buggy and still use the parts its not dead.... its just reborn
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come