Page 14 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Swamp Donkey Progess

what happened to the machining job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

BigRedFord04
    eh...."its just not working out"....f*ck that guy....PM me if you really care to hear the whole story.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedFord04
    ...PM me if you really care to hear the whole story.
    don't hold your breath
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

ill be your pickup man
    Replaced the in tanke pump and made and access panel...

yes, I am a dumbass and cut on the outsideof the four holes, but I made every thing turn out decent.

Runs better. It was cutting out alot at random, like it was not getting fuel for a second. If I gave it some throttle, it would not do it.

I think I need to adjust or "tighten" up the steering box. IS this possible? The steering linkages are all brand new, the gear box is couple years old and pump is not too old, and it was recently aligned. I can turn the wheel alot left/right with not much turning. Just does not feel tight.

I bought a Detroit gift certifacte for any Detroit for $375, so I am just waiting on my rear locker to get hear. It is usualy about $525 new.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

i dunno what kind of box you have, but mine has an adjusting stud on top. tighten it very little, then check. and so on. if you get it too tight it'll jerk the steering wheel out of your hand while your driving. i dont know if this is a common occurance, but its the result i got from getting mine too tight on my truck in high school.

True Hollywood Stry
    yeah the proper way to do this is jack it up and put on jack stands then you tighten and loosen till you getit to where it feels better, also john have you checked if the steering shaft coupler or rag joint is worn out.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    yeah the proper way to do this is jack it up and put on jack stands then you tighten and loosen till you getit to where it feels better, also john have you checked if the steering shaft coupler or rag joint is worn out.
    I suspect the rag joint as well. I am going to mess around with the box tomorrow, see if I can figure it out.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man

New Detroit straight from TracTech. Ended up only spending $375 to get it. Retails for over $520. I bought a free locker gift certificate off Lonestar. Now I just need rear 4.88s and tires and rims and better steering and I am ready to wheel.

I think I am really more excited about the sticker
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

savvyaggie
    If it's goin to be awhile before you get it ready can I borrow your windshield???

J/K, congrads!!!!

ill be your pickup man
    mmmm, tires. 36x12.5 SXs, brand spankin new. Also, finished up the serpentine belt conversion. Headed out to a buddy's ranch for the weekend and am going to see how it all works. It has been a longass 3 years of building it, so I hope it all functions like it should.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

awesome, and you're on your, what, 3rd DD since starting on it?
    Looks sweet!

ill be your pickup man
    Just got back from wheeling this weekend. It has been a long time since I have really wheeled anything, but it came back to me.

The lockers just amazed me. The truck walked up everything I pointed it at. The suspension, axles and motor all worked great. The throttle spring is sticking a little bit, causing it to run pretty high rpms unless I popped the hood and fixed it.

I did get alot of body damage, which I am still getting over The drivers's door is trashed, the drivers rear quarter is trashed, the front grill and healight shells, and turn signal took a beating (b/c of no bumper)

Here is some pics...
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Most of the drivers damage was done on a tree when KRigg was pulling me out of a creek trail

92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

fbronco86
    Looks good let get that bad dude on the rocks. That where the real fun is.

savvyaggie
    IKKKS!!!!! that body was almost mint befor that trip(well, at least compared to mine).... Oh well, its broken in good now....