Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Swamp Donkey Progess

Originally posted by Doug Krebs
    robert I think you've done enough damage to one vehicle!!!
    the maxima got its fair share too

getting rid of the ttb rattles and clanks would be nice

ill be your pickup man
    edit. I do not know why it is not showing my linked pics, so the pics are just uploaded and in the next post .

There are plenty more detailed pics in my sig link.

I am just borrowing the 35s for now.

Plans to fined tune include raising the shackle up about an inch into the hangar for a slightly better pinion angle.

What about an angled spring mounting plate as opposed to the flat stock one. (by spring mounting plate, I mean the factory front "block" that is about 3/8" thick.) I am trying to get a better pinion anlge due to the reverse shackle.
    Last edited by JB; 12-15-2003 at 09:32 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Came out right where I wanted it. It is about 1.5" further forward than stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Violentv8toy
    Thats hott. What kind of steering are you looking at?

how come you went with leaf springs insetad of coils?

could be that hard to track down a set of radius arms and get some weld on nubs.

True Hollywood Stry
    i have heard that it is a pain to do on a dana 60 front. i know some guys with 78/79 broncos and they say there is a lot of work involved to get it to fit right and all that.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

ill be your pickup man
    I originally thought it would be easier and cheaper. It is cheaper, but I would say not enough to make a difference in one's decision. I also thought it would be diffiflut to to get the 60 set up for coils and for my wrenching level, leafs just seemed easier. I know it would not be that difficult but it's done know. It will articlulate with the coiled 60'd Bronco guys fine and be stable.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    Also, Austin, how is that steering of yours working? I was looking at the old pics and think the way you did yours will work well on mine. Where did you get the heims?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Shaggy
    his steering is working just awsome... it turns much better than it did stock... i cant remember where the heims were from but you could search for it... i know he mentioned it like 20 times

ill be your pickup man
    I found it, thanks.

stupid question, but how is a jam nut different than a regular nut?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Its thinner. And you'll have a hard time finding a fine thread nut anyway. Check with Ace bolt and screw, they ordered a bunch of the 3/4" when I needed some. Order some misalignment washers too. Or who da thunk it but I went by extreme offroad and they now stock heims, weld in threaded inserts, and misalignment washers. Kinda high prices but if you got in a bind, they got em.

BigRedFord04
    yeah...so...those inserts xtreme carries, take a guess who makes 'em? ME. i made 10 last week at Vilas. We charge them an assload but they are more than happy to pay it. Stop by some time and talk to Gary about how much they'd charge regular customers. I wouldnt count on it being cheaper than a catalog tho.

I am really happy w/ my steering. As shown, Heims came from JEGS, cheapest chromo heims w/ teflon inserts i could find in about a week of looking and going to stores. Tate might even be willing to part with the tubing he has laying on our garage floor.

Bronco looks good man, hope to see it on the trail soon....maybe even make a trip w/ TAMOR and not just w/ Scott and Warren, who for some unknown reason have refused to join TAMOR for 3 years now. (I dont want to know why, dont hijack your own thread, i really dont care that much)

I still have DOM.

They haven't joined because they didn't think some of our rigs deserved to be at the truck show and were rather cocky about their rigs. [runonsentence]Some of our members met them and were pretty disenchanted so they spoke out against them on the forum and the guys ended up reading it and deciding not to join the club, partly because some of us were jerks, and party because they are too good for us.......[/runonsentence]