Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1217

Thread: Swamp Donkey Progess

True Hollywood Stry
    John if you go the bronco route I think my old 95 white bronco will be for sale soonish.

Or take you bronco to a good shop, and have a professional fix wiring, leaks and **** that bother you. This is what I think I would do if I were you.
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

If you want cookie cutter and off the shelf the Tacoma isn't even an option. There are no full solid axle kits, no decent axles that plug and play, compared to the other options you mentioned. I have given up the dream of a street legal wheeling machine. A) you either keep it small and simple so there is no breakage but you will always desire to do harder trails or B) you build something street legal that is completely bad ass and you drop a small fortune on it. It is a lose lose. I hate our hobby sometimes.

05+ tons under Diane would be sick. Big brakes, superior suspension setup and they're half the price of the old ****.

I say Build Diane
    interior cage
    Front and rear bumpers
    Atlas 4 speed
    05+ superduty tons
    Hydro assist, high steer
    Arb's front and rear
    gears
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

I vote fix what's wrong with the bronco or put all of your stuff in an explorer with either airshocks or coilovers with 4 link rear and 3 link front.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

ill be your pickup man
    I have seen the white one before. Its stupid tall.

This is an 11, but is pretty close to what I have in my head...

92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Do it
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparling View Post
    I vote fix what's wrong with the bronco or put all of your stuff in an explorer with either airshocks or coilovers with 4 link rear and 3 link front.
    What is it with TAMOR and all the Explorer love? Karl, Tate, and now you? You know why you do not see any of them on the trail? B/c they are lame. You could have said Ranger, and I would have been fine with it.

Honestly, I want to do less building, and more wheeling. Building the F150 is really just a daydream, but the picture I have of it in my head, it would be pretty sick. Very similiar to the UA Ecoboost, but with a solid front. Right now, I just need to get it ready for a a trip to Colo/Utah/Wyoming in late September. Camper shell will get dropped off for paint in the next couple weeks.

I am always fixing little things on the Bronco. Always ****ing with it. Everything on it, while still functioning just fine, is tweaked from hard wheeling. The rear sheet metal looks like **** since I cut it. Sharp, jagged edges...looks like it was cut with a sawzall.....because it was. No good way to make a rear bumper work now. I haven't touched the suspension since I put it together 03ish. All the spring bushings are trashed, the front leafs are bent, the rear shocks are trashed from rocks. It still needs a trans crossmember/skid for the 203 that I am just even motivated enough to start on, or have Travis start on it

I think I would like it better with a truck cab and a flatbed.

I do love wheeling it. I like having something that is different at the campground. It has just become a rig that only will work for me for me at K2/Alto/Clayton. Hard to explain I guess.

I want to wheel Rubicon, Moab, Hammers etc....just want something a little more modern, that I can trust.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man
    I am not exactly against buying a rig already built, but I think once I bought it, I would feel really strange about wheeling someone else's old project.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

If your still confident in the f150 engine and trans do the superduty axle swap. End prduct can easily be a very highway friendly drive as hard as you want rig.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

ill be your pickup man
    sexy
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

They make these things called YJs. One ton axles bolt in, atlas or stack bolts in, it comes with a 190hp fuel injected motor, it does not have lots of body or glass to worry about, if you get tired of building anything for it you can just buy it. There is a reason so many people wheel these. Look at how simple Busa's jeep is.

My jeep is sort of what you're looking for plus 5 years. All solid parts, you just have to work on stuff sometimes. It could be street legal again in a few days, or ready to load up for anywhere tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    What is it with TAMOR and all the Explorer love? Karl, Tate, and now you? You know why you do not see any of them on the trail? B/c they are lame. You could have said Ranger, and I would have been fine with it.
    I was going to say a ranger but I figured you'd want more seating. I think a ranger with all of your running gear with fuel injection would be tits. That said it would be a lot of work if you were putting your bronco motor and trans in a ranger. V6 ranger on tons with a doubler and 40's would be sweet.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I would reallly like to find another Bronco and make a cruiser out of it. Keep the TTB, 4", 35s.
    Best axle ever!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

93-95 range rover, lockers, sliders, big cooler, done