Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need suggestions for a new body for the bronco

Krawler68
    Originally posted by Broncocustom
    NO JEEPS!!

I also do not want an EB, because then I would be compared to Doug and nobody wants that.

No heeps is good... I think a 4 door cab that fits perfectly on your frame would be kinda tight.

as for the last comment... A S S HOLE..

agshooter
    I kinda agree with nix, I've seen some rigs where the guys tkae jimmy and blazer bodies onto fulsize frames, and it just looks like more trouble than its worth cuz you gotta cut the frame or extend the body. If you really want something smaller with Ford emblems, look at pickup cabs if you don't want and SUV style. If you wnat something with a box insteadof just a box look at B2 or exploder bodies(just know that the ploder odies are hella rigid and dont like to flex alot) thats just what Ican come up with for now

Scott,

I will finish it sometime. I have no time limit. I just do not want a vehicle that is all rusted. If I find something I like I might get motivated. Part of the reason I have been draging my feet on the Bronco is because I could not decide if I wanted to continue on working on something that floor will eventualy fall out of. My wanting to work on vehicle comes in waves. There is always someone to ride with on the trail so my truck can take a long time to finish, no hurry.

Amie, also finally gave me permission this weekend to spend some money on a new body.
    '50 F-1 (some day might be a 4x4)
    '10 Expedition EL
    '09 F150 Supercrew

Krawler68
    hmmm... James your philosophy is sound alot like mine... is this what happens when we spend this much time building a rig and have VERY little trail time?

Originally posted by robertf03
    Whoever stole it was obviously a dumbass if they didn't take the 60.

Probably because it's CAD.

No need for a new body James, just make some of these:

If you do go new, I vote Bronco II. De-definitely. Definitely.
    Last edited by davido; 04-29-2002 at 11:00 PM.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Good call David, they sell new floorboards. They sell sheetmetal, they sell diamondplate. It all sounds a whole lot better than putting a new body on it. You would have to redo everything you have done. Fuel cell, tubbing, cage, body work, etc...
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Now that we're on the "why-tear-down-a-perfectly-good-trail-rig-to-start-another-while-missing-quality-trail-time" thread, what the heck were you thinking with YOUR truck Scott?

Do you REALLY need any parts off of it for the current project or could you just as easily found other parts and been wheeling the whole time. Just wondering??

~dso
    Sick of being the TAMOR historian/picture monkey need trail rig

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I couldn't afford a new crawler, tranny and engine, and I didn't want to buy more Birfields
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Originally posted by redcagepatrol
    I couldn't afford a new crawler, tranny and engine, and I didn't want to buy more Birfields
    i thought you were planning on using different axles then what is under your truck now..or was inder it rather....

also you could have done everything and saved the motor for last....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

The tubbing and roll cage suck. They might look ok but it all weighs a ton. If I were to start over I could use some material a little less heavy. I have been looking around on the internet to see if I could find a new '78 body from the west that is not rusted. I would then be able to reuse some of the work I have done on the bronco.
    '50 F-1 (some day might be a 4x4)
    '10 Expedition EL
    '09 F150 Supercrew

Krawler68
    didn't you put the 60 and 70 under it so it could STAY heavy? And now that weight reduction is the topic... my liberal use of 1/8" diamond plate for flooring and such may have been a little ill concieved... damn I think the EB is turning into a tubby bitch. I'm shaving weight wherever I can and it's still going to be heavy. I'm definetley dovetailing the bitch and taking a few louvers out of the front grill...

not to be a bitch , but louvers don't remove any material...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    he is not talking about putting louvers in the hood to remove material...he is saying that he is gonna remove some of the slatts out of the grill....i mean that must remove at leaste 2 pounds...well worth it if you ask me...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Krawler68
    actually it will take out a strip of material all the way back on my bronco... I'm removing the slats to narrow the frontend and make it easier to fit down tight canyons... It'll mean narrowing the hood too... I'll also be doetailing the rear eventually...that will take of some additional weight when i dump the tailgate and bed material. Basically I inted to ditch most everything but the body skins as time goes on.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I've seen that bef.... oh yeah, now I know where....