Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mason - Chris's Roll

Oh yeah, to any one who has a pic of my truck, either pre or post roll, send them too me or make double prints.

Chris - not even a "please" is everyone your bitch now? hehe

Seth

Allright, allright, I'm sorry. Please, if you have pics I really want them. If its a normal camera just tell me what I owe for the set of prints and I'll get you the money. I have relatively few pics left of my truck. Most were lost between computer crashes, and a photo album of mine was stolen along with some other stuff. I actually have only one pic of my truck stock, and since the next incarnation of this truck will probally be a radical departure from what it once was, I really want some kinda photo record.

I also want to thank everyone who helped me out this weekend. If anyone of you ever need help just give me a call, and I'll do my best to repay the favor.

Shaggy
    man that sucks, i am glad to hear your alright... give us the rundown on what happened... you got good insurance?

Yeah he has full coverage and rolled on a gravel road

Basically if you can't tell from the pics, he was trying to go up a diagonal ledge and started bouning. He got a bad bounce that threw him like 2ft to the left and that momentum made him roll.

I swear it took him 10 minutes to roll, I have never seen a roll that slow...
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I know what you mean by a slow roll, i have seen one that same way. Kinda wierd as you watch it, wonder what its like on the inside. Not sure which i would rather have
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Sure didn't seem slow from where I was It was really cool to watch from the inside too. All I saw was the world spinning, and the glass shattering, and the roof getting closer to my head. I'm just glad Lissa or Matt Merek's son (Christian?) wasn't in the truck with me when it happened.

Sad part is, I don't know if I'll take the gravel road angle. After doing some research, it seems that after I pay the deductible, I'll only get back at most a grand, which may be insuficient to buy the truck back and have money for a down payment on a old truck for a tow rig. Plus then I have higher insurance costs. My parents are offering to just give me some cash if I don't make the claim. So the lesson here is if you run full coverage, make sure the damn truck is worth enough for it to actually be worth it.

As for what happened, yeah I was having a hard time getting up that ledge. I really couldn't see much of what was in front of me, so I was fully relying on the spotters. The truck got to bouncing, but they kept yelling I was almost there so I kept on it. The truck bounced hard and came down in that hole with the brown dirt in it, and that was it. In retrospect, I should have just winched, but they kept saying I was so close to breaking over, I figured I would give it one more try. But it was fun, and I have big plans for the remains of the truck. Plus it finally forces me to suck it up and buy a tow rig.

Shaggy
    Originally posted by LostIt
    Sad part is, I don't know if I'll take the gravel road angle. After doing some research, it seems that after I pay the deductible, I'll only get back at most a grand, which may be insuficient to buy the truck back and have money for a down payment on a old truck for a tow rig. Plus then I have higher insurance costs. My parents are offering to just give me some cash if I don't make the claim. So the lesson here is if you run full coverage, make sure the damn truck is worth enough for it to actually be worth it.
    If the amount of damage is higher than the value of the truck, what they probably will do is a Total Loss claim. This is where they basically just cut you a check for the value of given truck less the deductable and let you keep your truck. You don't have to buy it back or any of that crap. This is what my insurance company is trying to do to me right now... they are trying to get out of the apprasle value they gave me a year and half ago. i got my mom to call up there today and bitch at them given that she is a way bigger bitch than me, and it looks like we might have to sue for false representation if they dont give me what it appraised at... oh damn i got off topic... this crap has just been a headach, good luck with your insurance company... hope they dont try to butt ram ya like mine is doing me
    -all for now
    tate

I was thinking...it seems like we have our fair share of insurance claims and such as a club. So with that in mind, who are you people insured by, and who has treated you well or not? It seems like Scott always faired well, anyone else have any good bad experiences? I might make this a thread if there is any interest.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Shaggy
    i have state farm and they were trying to **** with me but they done good and cut me a check today... nice nice

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I was almost threw writing a long post and lost it, here it is abridged.

I regret claiming insurance now but had no choice at the time. I had State Farm for the first two rolls, they dropped me after the second. My truck was valued at $6580 at the time of the roll and I got a check for $4860 after the ded. and salvage value.

Switched to Progressive, didn't tell them the whole truth, was paying $65 a month. Backed into a lady in Houston while interning over X-mas causing $525 worth of damage. Progressive found my other rolls and raised my premiem to $291 a month.

Switched to Farmers. I now pay $120 a month for both trucks using the "'84 Toyota" as my daily driver and Bryan as my home address. Many other companies will not insure me at all, I feel very lucky to be paying what I am paying as the one's who will insure me want at least $250 a month

that's all - wrecks stay on your record for 3 years - that's three years of higher payments...

insurance companies are
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Shaggy
    Originally posted by redcagepatrol
    insurance companies are
    word... but i am a little happy... i have a check sittin right here for $3,136.40... too bad they took $1,000 for my deductable out

I say that the Mazda is my daily driver too, and it costs $900 per 6 months. For you math majors, thats $150/month.

How can they be so dumb? Yours is even worse than mine. I say my 93 is my daily driver and my 96 is my toy. You say your 84 is you dd and your 99 is your toy. WTF?!?!?

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Originally posted by Chadnutz
    I say that the Mazda is my daily driver too, and it costs $900 per 6 months. For you math majors, thats $150/month.

How can they be so dumb? Yours is even worse than mine. I say my 93 is my daily driver and my 96 is my toy. You say your 84 is you dd and your 99 is your toy. WTF?!?!?
    They know, they just want your business any way they can get it. All of the money comes from the big daddy company anyways...
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!