Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Mods. Round 2.

I know someone with a vehicle like that...

free delivery to CS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

yeah... mid january

you've got four joints left over as well, don't you?
    Last edited by uglyota; 12-16-2005 at 11:26 AM.
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

he should, no watts linkage. remember, he expects you to only want to pay half of what he asks. thats how the pollock works.

that's how the Eric works too, but I think I would be happier with a joint that comes with a threaded post anyway

Tsc

not quite that cheap

Not selling any joints. Not sure what I want for the coils. I traded a pair of d60 hubs for 2 pair of coils.

hey kopecki, i hear colorado is nice this time of year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-J...spagenameZWDVW

So I finally got to looking at jeep and found some damage from katemcy I suppose. The steering has been kinda really ****ty. The steering box mount is broken, and the high steer arm moves. The high steer arm is easy enough to fix, just needs 4, 1/2" studs and lug nuts like the stock setup is on the other side. And I guess I'll just copy the MORE steering box mount, maybe even move the box forward to match the axle location. I need a torch.

Jeep seems to run better with the new alternator.

Quote Originally Posted by eight
    So I finally got to looking at jeep and found some damage from katemcy I suppose. The steering has been kinda really ****ty. The steering box mount is broken, and the high steer arm moves. The high steer arm is easy enough to fix, just needs 4, 1/2" studs and lug nuts like the stock setup is on the other side. And I guess I'll just copy the MORE steering box mount, maybe even move the box forward to match the axle location. I need a torch.

Jeep seems to run better with the new alternator.
    I'd let you use mine, but I don't think you'd want to since it's propane
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I can use propane

Yesterday I got the brakes working good. I added 0.5" to the rod between the brake pedal and master cylinder which added about 2" to the brake pedal travel. So now the brakes work great. Except that the rear is locking up before the front but I think that has something to do with 65 psi in the rear tires. I tried that pressure to see what it did with tire chirp and the results were good. So now I have to put them back down to 20 or put on one of those adjustable proportioning valves.

Well I got to working on it today. First plan was to adjust the parking brake and make stuff look legal for inspection. Well in the make stuff look legal phase, I found that the ground wire from the battery to the body was not enough. I was getting a 0.1 volt drop across it. It was a 12 gauge wire which I'd think would be enough, untill I realized that the fans were grounded to the body. So I replaced that wire with an 8 gauge one, and grounded the fans to the block, and now have 0 volt drop. Then I drove it and the hesitation went away, and the idle is smoother.

So now that I had working brakes, parking brake, and improved running engine, I decided I should do something more as I was on a roll. So I'm in the process of replacing the power steering pump. Maybe Monday it'll be legal again.
    Last edited by eight; 05-06-2006 at 05:06 PM.

Turns out those flexx joints or whatever people call them may be no good. Both of the ones in my lower links have distorted and cracked races after 2 uses. I ordered parts for my new front suspension today and went with real currie johnny joints. Summit sells them now for $40 each with a 1.25-12 stud welded on, however they do not sell threaded adapters or jam nuts for them. Also got 2 summit black max 3/4" rod ends for the panhard bar.

i dare you to make it look good.