Thread: Something that resembles progress...

Threaded View

For all practical purposes, the spring perches were SOLID. I got most of it off with the torch but I didn't want to leave that heat on it for the time that it would have taken to really get it down close. I also didn't want to screw up and cut into the tube. It took about 5 - 10 minutes straight with the torch, then about 30 - 45 with the grinder. May not seem that long, but that's a lot of heat and a lot of vibrations. I FELT like an old man when I woke up Monday. I do have a REAL grinder fag, FYI it's the most powerful one that DeWalt makes in that size. The crap I have to put up with.

As for the jack stand, that was actually proping up the weight of the hood when I was putting the bars together. I just haven't taken it out. Notice that it's sitting on the alternator bracket (on the drivers side) and you can't see the top. If Rob would have been there, I wouldn't have had to rig it like that. But that's the way it goes when you're working on it by yourself. It sucks.

Next thing you know, you ass clowns are going to be complaining about how dirty my garage is.

~dso
    Last edited by davido; 07-23-2002 at 11:12 AM.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'