Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Something that resembles progress...

Looks good Dave

on that headlight....
    Theres no fuse for the headlights on the gv10 kit. Theres the red main power wire that tee's off to the steering column and then to the headlight switch, so if the truck starts, then you are at least getting power to the headlight switch. check the crimps on that and test for power to the dimmer switch. Not familiar with column mounted dimmer switches so your on your own after that.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    man that thing sure has come a long way since this pic was taken a few short months...err year or so ago...

what did you end up having to do to the rear fenders? got any close up pics of em?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Thanks for the props guys.

Nick, we have OPAs tix for Friday, but since you didn't catch this the other night at Fitz's, yes, we're planning on being in Dirty SA late Friday night. Wheeling Saturday and coming back that evening (previous engagements).

Thanks for the tip Rob. I'll check that stuff when I get it back tomorrow. I'll also take some pics of the back. I drew it out and Cody cut it off. It wraps around the corner and comes down at a 45* angle, all at the same time... if that makes sense. It's not a "T" back which is the main thing that I wanted to stay away from. We also had to cut off the end of the rear bumper.

Again, I'm not done yet, but I really can taste it now. Andy, we'll have to make a trip in the next couple of months.... maybe after season is over.

~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

aggielr
    how bout this one i dug up, back on dexter
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We're trying to get this thing done to make a trip to Gilmer the weekend of the 22nd. There are a couple of guys from here, believe it or not, going that weekend.

When is the SA trip, and when is the post-finals Clayton trip?

stinger7401
    San Antonio is this weekend.....Sorry david, kinda dont remeber the conversation at Fitz's

Shaggy
    holy crap... didnt think i would ever see this day... congrats man

Dave,

Check the ground for the headlights. As I recall, we grounded it to the frame on the passenger side, but I am getting old and senile so I may be wrong.

I'm cold and there are wolves after me...

-Mark
    Writing from SoCo today...
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

Your stuff looks good Scott!

I was also somewhat busy. I finally mounted my skid plate, got my transfercase "foot" welded & mounted, and upped to 8 connected body mounts instead of the previous 3 1/2 (included cutting out the rusted rear corners and welding in some square tubing). Grind and paint, smoke and mirrors, and it's done.

Looks like the hydro assist, locked/welded front, and antiwrap bars will have to wait until next time. Oh well, something to look forward to. That and changing the oil.

A couple of weekends ago, we got most of the gauges wired up. Lights all working. Wired the fan to the accessory switch (with manual override), and cut the draglink so that it would turn equally both ways. I'm ready for the next round.

Hmm. It's been a while.

If not for deadlines, nothing would get done. So off we go again. My beautiful bride drove down to Pasadena yesterday to pick up our "new" TBI 350 that Flem found for me on Craigslist. Thanks again. I had decided against the 5.3 after talking to Scott about the ending pricetag. Here are the things I'm working on:

• flywheel - it has an auto one, I need a standard trans one.

• clutch - need to order one

• bell housing - need a new one since the old one is in the bus

• power steering - I'll likely have to rework the hoses

• air compressor - It has an AC compressor, but that will likely wait until the next deadline

• clutch slave - I'll need to get a new Cruiser slave and build another mount, old one on the bus

• motor mounts - will have to build some, should be easy, engine has C-mounts

• wiring - will need some Flemboni magic on this one because I'm electric dumb.

• computer - check. Flem picked one up today for $10

• fuel pump & return line - may take a few trips to the parts store

I think that's about it. Hoping to have it on the trailer on the way to Clayton in a few short weeks.
    Last edited by davido; 11-21-2007 at 05:04 PM.

bring that biznatch over, i'll be back friday.

lowballing someone
    get the f250 fuel pump, and i know where a bell housing is and i think he wanted 75 for it but if you are interested i will call and ask. it is currently bolted to a 465 that is also for sale(4wd)
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Will do Brandon.

Let me know Colman, but for $75 I would think it would come with that trans. I was thinking they were pretty cheap.

couldn't find any easy to get to bellhousings today.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/pts/484453525.html

This one has the flywheel, but don't you need a 4wd sm465, or does the klune adapter work on both?