Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Something that resembles progress...

We screwed the first hoop because we thought the bender went the other way. Opps, one leg is twice as long as the other.

Seems like we would bang our heads till midnight, get frustrated, give up, and go inside. next morning we would come out and solve the same problem in 10 minutes.

In the end, the onliy tube we "wasted" was the first hoop. Just takes a while to figure out how things work in the real world and what ideas should have stayed just that, ideas.

I think the next one will go much faster.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    the "other side" or "second one" is always much easier than the first. Once you learn the bender and what one pull can do to the tubing at each angle, life is much easier and everthing will go smoother. Good luck with the next one
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Nice Cage. Where's the hood?

-Mark
    Just when you though it was safe to go back in the water...

Originally posted by mark
    Nice Cage. Where's the hood?

-Mark
    I wanted to say that soooooo bad.

You know, I really hate you guys. I already told you, the hood is on extended leave.

~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    oh chit...i never even thought about that when we loaded it on the trailer.....did it get recovered? and was the look on your face something like my friend who lost his hood on the way to detroit?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

It was rachet strapped down. Very tight I might add. It' basically pulled a Houdini. @#$%ing thing.

~dso

Krawler68
    My windshield frame on the old EB body did that to me on one trip...

It was ratcheted down too... but something in the bouncing let it fly back at speed and break down the center... probably not odd considering that it was held together by a 2x4 on one side...

Sorry to hear you lost it David... that sucks.

On the plus side can you imagine the look on the guy's face who was driving behind you as that thing slowly lifted up and then caught the final blast of wind that blew it backwards at speed? that's where the joy in this situation lies.

Doug

Doug - You're a sick, sick man.

Actually, that was the main thing I was worried about. I hope nobody got hurt. I would imagine that I would have heard about it if they did.

~dso

Krawler68
    Originally posted by davido
    Doug - You're a sick, sick man.

~dso
    Tell me you're not laughing about it a little right now...

Doug

Dave - those were my thoughts as I saw a 50+ lb Dogloo fly out of my trailer on my way back south from CS on tuesday...a Z3 was behind me

I once saw a patio table and chairs fly out of the back of a truck in front of me, the glass SHATTERED all over the road, it was ****ing sweet...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

BigRedFord04
    i lost a couch out of the bed of my truck last year....it was fine after the landing, but when that dodge dually got ahold of it...now thats a whole other story...

Shaggy
    once when i had my bronco on a trailor my hood came open and wrapped around the roof... i didnt even really notice... just felt like a little drag... it was pretty fubared but atleast it didnt come off

Jeez, it's been way too long since I updated this. Oh well, here goes....

Andy came up and I somehow conned Flem into staying for the day and helping. Maybe it was the pizza. Anyway, we got a couple of things done. Mostly, Rob got the gauges all wired up. That's a biggie for me since I'm totally clueless about that stuff. Thanks Rob, you're the man.

Andy and I made progress on mounting the seats. I have to order some hardware to finish it out, but the plan is in place and that's half of having it done. Since we already have half of the construction done, we're 75% of the way to having seats in. That's good math right there.

I've spent the beginnings of this week locating parts. Tabs to finish out the seats. Fuel cell (Johnny @ RCI is awesome!). Steering shaft & ujoints (still talking to Flaming River). I talked to Cody about buying some 1" spacers to go under my steering arms. That will clear the tie rod over the springs. Bryan Hose & Gasket is working on getting lines made, they're pretty helpful so far. Finally, Steven at ORD is helping finalize a twin stick solution to work with the Klune setup. If all of this gets done before the weekend, then I'll be in good shape.

Thanks to some LSLC networking and some fancy relay work from Doug (and someone else), the hood fair delivered a hood to my garage door. Andy hit it with the sand paper last weekend, I should have it painted and ready to go on this weekend.

I think the windshield mounting is going to have to wait until after it's running. Installing the cooling and fuel systems are two big items that remain. I have a radiator already. I'll have to fab up the mount for it since it's stock location won't do. Then some electric fans will be in order, maybe for time sakes I'll start with reinstalling the mechanical one.

That's about it for this update. Here's a pic...