Thread: Jeep Question

bigFAWKINranger

Jeep Question

i think i may have decided to go with a wagoneer dana 44 front, (sorry james, but seth wants it anyway) and need to know the width of the SPRING PERCHES vs the width on a YJ....
    also, is a waggy 44 high pinion?
    does it have the 297x joints?

not high pinion, spring perch is withing .5" so you just fill the old hole and drill a new one .25" inboard, or let the bushing do the work

but, the wagoneer 44 is the same width as the YJ 30 you got right now, James 44 is full size, so thats around 65-67" wide vs the 60" you have now

bigFAWKINranger
    i know about the width of james's vs the waggy 44... and i do want james's 44...
    but assuming this weekend's cab swap goes according to plan, and i can get my insurance money before the end of the week, i want to be fully functional and trail ready before june...
    this means i need to compromise some things. the waggy 44 will swap in easier than james coil sprung 44.
    i am a bit disappointed in the low pinion deal though... damnit. i got about one week to decide what to do....

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by eight
    What would you use for a rear axle?
    sploder 8.8

Sweet - if you read this James....I will be getting in touch after my first 300 bucks. so maybe in three weeks.

seth
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller