Thread: 22r

bigFAWKINranger

22r

a friend of mine just bought an 80 toyota... the 22r has a acracked block... anybody know of one i might be able to pick up for cheap?

I might be able to go you an incredibly cheap one that will need to be rebuilt. I'm talking 2-300. How much is he willing to spend for one that needs to be rebuilt?

You can almost buy an engine for that I think. You might have him contact Lance Morin. You can find him at BlackSheep4x4.com and probably on CowTownJeeps.com also. He's a really good guy. He is in the know on Yota stuff.

~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

bigFAWKINranger
    thanks for the info, i'm tryin to find one still

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by Chadnutz
    I might be able to go you an incredibly cheap one that will need to be rebuilt. I'm talking 2-300. How much is he willing to spend for one that needs to be rebuilt?
    i appreciate the offer... but thats not even cheap- let alone, incredibly cheap. to buy a 22r block from one of the 2 major engine rebuilders in dallas is like, $300 with core.

did you try the yards, there might have been one at pick and pull, the motor would be less than $100 if so, I wouldn't know i don't look at toyoda ****...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by BMFScout
    did you try the yards, there might have been one at pick and pull, the motor would be less than $100 if so, I wouldn't know i don't look at toyoda ****...
    i don't know **** about identifying a 22r.... or 22re, or which years they mighta changed **** on this or that.... but i suppose we could try the yards... i was hoping scott or busa or somebody has an extra block they wanted to sell.