Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: working on the Bronco

If the tranny is shifting hard it is probalby not the fluid. Low fluid usually makes it have funny, slow, or late shifts.

What was wrong with the transfer case???? If it is a 208, I don't know how you broke it. My case has alot of abuse and alot of miles. The only problem is if you hit the case on a rock, or if you don't have enough of the slip yoke engaged on the splines.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Shaggy
    i filled up the transfercase and the the transmission back up yes yes.
    the reason i had to replace it is because it kept slipping out in 2wd. i had to put it in 4 high and get out and push it into gear. this new one is working fine but unfortunatly my tranny is pooping out again. it really doesnt matter to me... the burban will only be mine for about 1 more week.

Shaggy
    New springs
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shaggy
    they are procomp 6"

Shaggy
    if anyone is in town and is interested in helping me put in my new springs and my rear axle back in, i am gonna be working on it tomorrow when i get off work starting around 8:00am... not like any of you are gonna be up but it would be nice to have a little help. i really need to get her going given that i wont have another form of transportation next week this time if everything doesnt go right on the caprice

Shaggy
    ok getting a little late start. it is about 3 and i am about to get started if anyone wants to help.

Shaggy
    i took the overload springs to allow more flex... i dont know yet but i think i am gonna have to put them back in so my truck doesnt sit too baha

Shaggy
    here is a pic once i had the springs on the truck

Shaggy
    this is a pic of how the spring mounts onto the rear... these springs are a little shorter and without any weight the thing sits flat. it was straight up before... i think this will alow much more flex but take away from lift significantly

Shaggy
    i started to sand the new housing down and i need to finish... i am gonna put a fresh coat of pain on it so it can bling

PS: sanding by hand gets old really fast

A N G L E G R I N D E R

Shaggy
    ya davido said i could use his with a wirewheel for the rest of it. i went ahead and put the overload spring back on because andy let me know that it would only limit up travel which i need and that if i didnt i would get killer axle wrap, which i am putting springs on to illiminate

Shaggy
    housing painted

Shaggy
    housing mounted

Shaggy
    still need to bolt up the 3rd member and put in my axleshafts and all that fun stuff