Thread: working on the Bronco

Shaggy
    got the 3rd member installed
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shaggy
    springs with the weight of the truck

Shaggy
    this shackle thingy fliped back up with some weight... all i gotta say is that it is gonna be mad flexy... i bounced on it and they are hella soft i'll see tomorrow how baha it is gonna be... looks like it is gonna be pretty bad... oh well i am gonna bring the front spring hoops up when i do the sas

Shaggy
    passanger side finished

Shaggy
    driverside finished

Shaggy
    pic of it on the ground... baha style

Shaggy
    driverside baha... i bounced on it and it is really damn soft... i cant wait to wheel it. i still need to get a new yoake and u-joints before it will drive but other than that she is ready to go

Shaggy
    went ahead and mounted the shocks and put in new u-joints in the rear of the driveshaft and mounted the front of it... partially filled with gear oil... all i need to do now is find a yoake and bolt that up top off with gear oil, bolt driveshaft on, and bleed the breaks and she will be on the road again

Shaggy
    here is a picture of the fubared yoake... the tab that holds in the u-joint on one side is gone and it is a little ground down in other spots

No shackle flip????? I thought it was pretty easy and really cheap to do on fords??? That would have made flatters springs......

And that bumper is still on there!!!!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

BigRedFord04
    if you look @ the 2nd pic of the leaf springs installed where the shackle is laying flat it shows a good picture of the shackle mount. you can see it hangs below the frame. you can only do it if you have a body lift b.c. the shackle mount when flipped sticks up above the frame.

Shaggy
    cant shackle flip without body lift... and the bumpers wont be on for long... just need to bust out the grinder

I've seen some canadian ways people do it on blazers and broncos. They leave the bracket in the same spot but cut out the bottom part of the bracket. Then they weld supports from the tops of the bracket... can't really describe it without a pic....

Or he could just cut some holes in the bottom of the floor like he did for the role cage
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Shaggy
    i actually didnt cut the holes and it wasnt my idea... covering the holes is something i have put off , i got it all going and am about to take a grinder to the welds holding the rear bumper on... i am taking it off to make you happy doug i also only have rear wheel drive right now and want to ramp it on something and it is in the way but whatever

Shaggy
    all back together