Thread: working on the Bronco

Shaggy
    fine ill email you some... i wonder how many can fit in one email hmmm

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by Shaggy
    fine ill email you some... i wonder how many can fit in one email hmmm
    try again... i don't need then all... just hit me with a dozen or 2

Shaggy
    i got this little dohickey today, got tired of almost getting into wrecks... it is a one man brake bleeder. i also got a new powersteering fluid cap thingy. mine was worn out and was actually the reason it has been leaking. i am gonna try to get this bad boy to drive me to port lavaca this weekend and i dont wanna make another trip without breaks. i also gotta fix my swaybar. the driverside bushing keeps coming out and makes me go all over road(scary scary) especially with no rear breaks. anyone know if i can get these bushings at a regular parts store or gotta go to ford?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shaggy
    this is what the bushing is doing... it actually comes all the way out if i drive long enough... i guess i am gonna try to ghetto rig it for now.

Shaggy
    it also doesnt help that this here crack is in the frame

My suggestion to you is to drive that piece of **** off a cliff and get the insurance money, but onto the real questions. Are you talking about the sway bar or the radius arm bushing? Take the sway bar off.... For the radius arm bushing, don't you just tighten up that 1 1/8" nut??? If the stud/bolt is out, i always saw mike use a come along to bring it back in place..... by the way, that thing has some serious oil/radiator leaks.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Shaggy
    dont have full insurance on it anymore so that is out of the question. I am talking about the swaybar, and without it i am all over the road. although the radius arm bushings are shot aswell. you cant even tighten them because they are at the end of the threads. there is quite a gap there. not gonna worry about it because i wanna do my axle swap soon enough... i just need this to make it a few hundred miles safely. i drove it to corpus and back with no rear breaks and all the problems i am having now, it was not a fun trip and i dont wanna do it again. and i dont have any radiator leaks anymore... the hard lines that go into it were hella loose and have been leaking all over everythink forever. I fixed that last week. Havent bothered to clean all that old spill out yet. there is also power steering fluid over everything because my cap was worn out and kept falling off... but fixed that too... i parked on a clean spot of the street for a day and not a damn drop of anything came out. i think this is the first time it hasnt leaked something since i had it.
    that is all

ill be your pickup man
    sway bars are I don't have either of mine and it drives jsut fine, actually a litle better for some reason.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

It probably drives so much worse with swaybar disconnected because all the other bushing's are shot, plus the shocks probably need to be replaced.

Tate i would wait for a dana 60 before you straight axle it. If you would have spent the money on a d60 instead of gears and lockers you would be well on your way. SAS isn't easy to do, so why waste your time on a 44 that you know your going to break. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

I think the gears and lockers from the TTB fit the HP D44.

Building a fullsize for off road doesn't make any sense to me. They're good for 2 things, tow rigs and parts.

ill be your pickup man
    Thats a stupid comment

How exactly is a Bronco a good tow rig?

Mine is pretty damn comfortable for a 17 year old truck. It has plenty of power, plenty of room, and a short wheel base. i konw it weighs alot, but I don't care. It will not be trailered anywhere, it will be driven, b/c imo, thats more fun.

I don't need some tubed out, lightweight, big tired, buggy. I want something that serves more than one sole purpose, and my truck can do that. Most Jeeps/buggy/trucks can't do that
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Yes, I thought about that. It's not much good for parts either. I have a new realization, all fullsizes should be 3/4 ton or better.

Damn your opinion of fun is ****ed up....

Next time you are driving to the spring break trip and stop in Ft. Stockton because your having fuel deliver problems and your truck isn't running for **** you'll change your perception of fun.

I've driven my shat box on every trip and always made it home under its own power. Either your not very hardcore, or you have another vehicle to drive if you mess that one up saying that your truck can do everything.

I bought the blazer knowing it was a big vehicle and wouldn't do as well as jeeps, etc... but i needed something that could move me to and from college and a daily driver. I always tried everything i could off-road, but there are somethings that it is too heavy/big to do....So as soon as i get a job i'm buying a tow rig and building a buggy. The blazer will make a good deer lease vehicle

Sorry hope i didn't come across as a dick, but fullsizes are not the best thing offroad!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

fbronco86
    hell yeah fullsizes rock. I am just glad i dont have anything in between like a scout. A scout is not a fullsize or a jeep. Every person i know who drives a scout is wierd.

Haha jimmy

ill be your pickup man
    I'm not saying that is is great offroad, but is serves its purpose for me much better than a smaller vehicle would. If I had a choice between driving a CJ or a Bronco/Blazer etc. cross country, I would choose the latter. If I wanted to roadtrip it to Padre with 4 other people, I would choose a fullsize. If I wanted to tow a fishing boat to the secret fishing hole in teh woods... you get the point.

I like driving my **** to the trail and I don't need some bigass diesel to get me there on the back of a trailer. And you seem to be saying that these tow rigs never break down? Have you checked the offroad trip forum lately? Mike's Ford, Scott's Dodge, John's Burb???? Not saying these truck are junk, far from it, jsut saying that **** happens

I am not building my rig to be some badass overbuilt crawler. There are other places to wheel aside of rocks.

ANTI-TRAILER
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4