Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I am Brave? Or am I Crazy?

Ben97XJ
    Here is the beginning of the bumper and the hinge is on the floor is is a stub axle with a machined tube with trailer bearings. The bumper has the hitch sunk into to middle.

I have been comtemplating doing the same on the scout, so I was wondering what it looked like on an XJ, Grayson did something similar on his, but replaced it with plate steel that is part of the wrap around bumper. After every off-road trip, I bend back out that part of the quarter by hand, might as well get rid of it...
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Ben97XJ
    The bottom is plated with 3/16 aluminum diamond plate that is pretty stout. The bumper will have 3/16 2x4 that raps around the tire. The diamond plate was to hold it all together and give the corner its strenghth back. It will not come into contact with anything.

Pretty cool. I remember wanting to do the same with my 4Runner. Are you in CS? If so, please read this thread...

http://www.tamor.org/forum/upload/sh...=&postid=20833

Thanks. ~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Ben97XJ
    Her is some bad pics of the cherokee with the new 33s and the rear hacked. I also have the new tire carrier on the back. The tire carrier should be finished this weekend.

Lookin pretty dam good.

How much lift is that now?
    Last edited by eight; 06-26-2003 at 10:31 PM.

Ben97XJ
    Well i can't be called the little cherokee in the club now. I also have the rear Dana 44 installed and all new longer brake lines. But i guess I am still the only cherokee that wheels.
    Here is one more

Saint John wheels a cherokee on 35s or bigger. And Hal IS in our club.

Ben97XJ
    Ok i have yet to see any other cherokees come to any events any pictures. But it doesn't matter. We have a bunch of members with cherokee who don't wheel and that just annoying because they always say they are coming but they don't. O well i'll get over it. And Hal is not from A&M and that isn't a Cherokee. It is a Grand and there is not much Cherokee left in it. Its still really cool though.

I'm drunk, and i've seen saint john wheel some **** where you would **** yoru pants!!!!!!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

technically he isn't in the club, but he's been on the last two spring breaks. Here is Ry at Cruces.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Here's my favorite from that trip. By the way, Ryan may not be in the club right now, but he has been meaning to get an associate membership and has been on trips with us before.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

stinger7401
    Originally posted by Fredo
    Here's my favorite from that trip. By the way, Ryan may not be in the club right now, but he has been meaning to get an associate membership and has been on trips with us before.

yeh great pic, that was just before i almost pulled him on his side with the winch! ahhhhhhh memories.......

It looks like that bumper won't be scraping rocks anymore. What the hell are you gonna take pictures of now
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!