Thread: Driveshaft Fab?

JeepsterJayson

Driveshaft Fab?

I have a 90 YJ and would like to put a SYE and make a CV shaft aka aggie engineer from old one. What year model should I look for? I know a could shorten a Bronco shaft and it would work, but is their anything else that is a better option (thicker walls , bigger joints, larger Spline). I think buying a ~$300 shaft is two highroller for my jeep.

i'm using a grand wagoneer front driveshaft on the 1990 YJ I'm working on

its slightly smaller OD than the 6 states driveshaft I have on my CJ.

make sure you get the yoke if you pull the driveshaft yourself.

I think I like the small joints as they may break instead of the transmission/t-case/axles. I wont go to 1350 untill I have a good transmission. Size of the spline doesn't seem to matter, I've never heard of them breaking in that area. If you're looking for longer spline, good, but I don't have any suggestion for that. I sleeved the driveshafts so wall thickness doesn't matter. My stock jeep rear one was .095" wall and when I twisted it off I checked with the shops in town, and they said the thickest they put was that .095" wall, which I don't think is enough.

JeepsterJayson
    so ill just get a bronco rear and figure it out. Hey eight do you still want that TF999. I have a 700R4 in my jeep now. ps. I only got a glimps of your CJ in the lot at school. Looks good. I want to do a SOA but i already have 4" of lift i want to run 36's with out having to get into body lifts then axle swaps at the same time

Shaggy
    he doesnt have his jeep in town