Thread: Gooseneck trailer

fbronco86

Gooseneck trailer

I found this gooseneck trailer. the guy has no idea how old the thing is. Its 20 feet long has two 5200 pound axles and has electric brakes and the wood is decent the tires are alright? He want 2000 for it. of course i would not give the guy want he is asking i was thing 1500 does this sound like a good deal. And what should i look for to make sure this thing is not a pos?

Make sure the lights and brakes work good. Fixing brakes can get fairly expensive at almost $100 for the assembly without the hub. Inspect the suspension. Look for cracked leafs and worn shackles. I've had the holes in the shackles elongate and rip out once. Neither is expensive to replace.

If it's in good shape, $1500 sounds good.

agjeeper
    Just to give you a comparison, the gooseneck I just bought has a 20 ft deck and two 7000 lb axles. The axles are new, brakes are new, tires and rims new, new wood on deck and freshly painted. The guy is also building a 5 ft beavertail with some kind of integrated folding ramps on it. I paid $2500 for this. I think I got a hell of deal. If the brakes and hubs are good on the one your looking at, that is a pretty good price.

20 ft is too long for one rig only and too short for 2. That means you are going to have extra trailer.

A little extra trailer is good for tool boxes, tires, and extra coolers of beer though
    BDR

fbronco86
    ok so i dont drive a jeep or anything small like that so 20 feet is great for me. plus my truck would never be able to pull two rigs maybe down hill with a tailwind at best.

Ahh, ok. It's perfect then. Does it have a low or high deck? Ramps?

because if there is one this thing old Brian "Dewey" Ritchey should be worrying about right now it is how much extra beer you can carry!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Umm.....I meant.......if a person wanted to they could.....
    BDR

fbronco86
    the deck is pretty low. the tire kinda come into the deck and then there is a metal part that covers the tires. I think it has ramps I need to stop and get a good look at it.

Shaggy
    ya my trailor is 20ft and my bronco dwarfs it... i think it is the perfect size for a full size

your trailer is good for killing 10 bolts!!!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

What did he do, back over your 10 bolt with it?

no he blew up the 10 bolt in his burban trying to tow the bronco to cruces for spring break, from what i understand, it is a HEAVY duty trailer.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

fbronco86
    after a close inspection of the trailer. looks to be home made by some redneck and everything on it is crap.