Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gilmer, 7/19/03

AgDieseler

Gilmer, 7/19/03

There is a small group that plans on going to Gilmer the weeked of July 19th and 20th. We would be leaving early Saturday
    morning.

EDIT: no pirate related conflicts
    Last edited by AgDieseler; 06-23-2003 at 10:13 AM.

froader03

07/12 - 07/13

TMTC is having a work weekend at BMRA the weekend of July 12-13. We've been encouraged to attend and participate. Aside from this just being a really good thing to do, we have a trail there, so we have an obligation to maintain it. Most of the work on this weekend will be trash pick up and minor trail repairs/maintenance. Entry fee will be waived in exchange for help cleaning up trails.

Re: 07/12 - 07/13

Originally posted by froader03
    TMTC is having a work weekend at BMRA the weekend of July 12-13. We've been encouraged to attend and participate. Aside from this just being a really good thing to do, we have a trail there, so we have an obligation to maintain it. Most of the work on this weekend will be trash pick up and minor trail repairs/maintenance. Entry fee will be waived in exchange for help cleaning up trails.
    I am tenatively planning on having the scouts out there for this one. I doubt I will have much done to them, but it is Gilmer, and it is free so who cares. Both TAMOR and North Texas Binders have trails, so I feel somewhat obligated to go. Don't know if it would be an overnight deal, or just a saturday trip. Airstrip takes little to no maintenance, which is nice, but there is probably plenty of other **** to do out there, kind of fun to play with chainsaws, cruise around in the trucks. Anyway, just think about it, it will be fun, and looks good for us as young persons, and our club as a whole when we help out.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

The Jeep starts now, just won't stay running. If I can replace the fuel pump soon and get it running I'm down for my first trip in a loooooong time. I'll come up that way and help clean up Airstrip.

So, which trail do we have? I'll probably go, might just ride with someone. Maybe bring 4 wheeler.

Airstrip is our trail, it is the hella steep one with the nasty ledge on the right side. It is off to your right as soon as you enter the park. There really isn't anything to maintain on our trail, but it is a good excuse to go out there for free.
    Boats and hoes

Tariqui
    well if some people are going on the 19th and 20th i am interested in showing up. wont be too far to drive from Oklahoma i guess. Plus ive never been there

AgDieseler
    People and vehicles that are going:

Brian Ritchey - his FJ
    Jose Blay - his virginal XJ
    David Oliver - the burban
    Norm Clark - 03 TJ
    Josh Alley? - the pivoting CJ
    Bueller...Bueller...Bueller?

For anybody else interested, we will be meeting at the University McDonalds, and leaving BCS 6am Saturday the 19th.
    Last edited by AgDieseler; 07-07-2003 at 06:39 PM.

norm is going? It is hard for me to picture him wheeling, but I know he is a hunter and that kind of deal. That is the 19th?
    Boats and hoes

AgDieseler
    Yup. You should come out, and "network." I showed him the pictures from the trip when Ryan ejected his passenger front knuckle, and Norm said, "we're not going to do that to my Jeep, are we?" I laughed.

Tariqui
    I am going to be in dallas the 18th for a dave mathews concert so i will leave from there. How do i get there? Jimmy are you going to be in Plano can i just follow you? Is it a day thing or spend the night? Do people need to send me their safety info??

bigFAWKINranger
    i think i might try to attend this one too. gonna TRY to FINALLY finish the ranger this weekend.

AgDieseler
    From Dallas

The group leaving from College Station should get there around 1030.

I think Fred and I are planning on attending on the 19th instead of this weekend. I figure we can make sure Airstrip is kosher then, instead of the official work weekend this weekend. We will just be there for the day, Saturday. Unless of course Fred or I jettison a knuckle or something and need to stay overnight at the beautiful Gilmer inn...
    Boats and hoes

Tariqui
    so this is a day trip no camping required.