Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pics from my Colorado trip

AGRVR

Pics from my Colorado trip

My parents and I were attending some business meetings in Salt Lake the week before last so we decided we'd try out my new Super Duty and play on the way home with my mom's Land Rover. Here's some pictures - excuse the scenery hardcore *******s

http://www.collinsorganization.com/i...ummer2003.html

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Sure glad you had that super duty to haul that rover with. It would have sucked to have had to drive a air condtioned, heated, heated seats car with a 8 speaker stereo, leather, and capable of 90+mph highway jaunts all the way to colorado.
    Last edited by Fredo; 07-02-2003 at 04:25 PM.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Holy ****, is that for real?
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Dang I miss CO. It is so beautiful up there in the summer

Nice pics.

AGRVR
    Originally posted by Fredo
    Sure glad you had that super duty to haul that rover with. It would have sucked to have had to drive a air condtioned, heated, heated seats car with a 8 speaker stereo, leather, and capable of 90+mph highway jaunts all the way to colorado.
    I've heard a lot of that. I'll repeat my reasons here,

"As far as an explanation - there are a few...

1) Four people on the trip. We used the Land Rover as a suitcase and all rode in the truck without being cramped.
    2) interior space and visibilty. This wasn't a trip across the UK. This was almost 5,000 miles in 2 weeks. The truck has a much larger cabin and has much better visibilty from the rear seat than the Rover has for adults (Discoveries' rear seats are well suited for children).
    3) Economy. In the US because we are retarted wankers we can only get Rovers with gas guzzling V8 engines. On a trip loaded down with 4 people and their gear (which whould end up on the roof) the Rover would average between 10-12 on the highway. Mix that with petrol prices between $1.60 and $2.00/gallon along the trip and its a much higher expense that the truck that has a large diesel motor that averaged between 11-13 on the trip with diesel prices between $1.25 and $1.50/gallon and I actually saved money on fuel by towing (this is based on high speeds also - the truck seems to get the same mileage no matter what you drive - within reason while the Disco gets gallons per mile over 80mph)
    4) The trip was mixture of business and pleasure. I had do business along the way so I would drive one while the others could do as they pleased in the other car."

BTW, Fred, how come you haven't called...ass

Originally posted by AGRVR
    ...petrol prices...

Petrol??? Where the hell are you from?
    Last edited by bburris; 07-02-2003 at 10:01 PM.

AGRVR
    Here's my next victim for those of you interested.

The vehicle will be a 95 Discovery SD 5-speed base model (no power options to break) and I'll be swapping out the underachieving 3.9 (Mighty Rover V8) for a 2.8L Powerstroke diesel (built for south american Ford Rangers).

I won't be doing anything hardcore...but hey...I'll be able to drive it there and back at 25mpg.

AGRVR
    Originally posted by bburris

Petrol??? Where the hell are you from?
    Damn, no love. Get "corrected" by butt wipes on one board just to trade off to be bitched out on another.

Burris

AGRVR
    I also forgot to mention a cool thing about some of the photos. The white D90 in some of them was a cool guy from Oklahoma City. He had a Vortec 350 out of a '98 Chebby pickup with a NV4500 in his 90. Sounded cool to hear a Rover that didn't sound like a Mustang

Damn, no love. Get "corrected" by butt wipes on one board just to trade off to be bitched out on another.

Burris

Did the people on the Rover board correct you into sasying petrol? Tell them some stupid redneck said it's gas...

I fixed my last post...it wasn't bitching, I just forgot the
    Last edited by bburris; 07-02-2003 at 10:11 PM.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Here's my next victim for those of you interested.

The vehicle will be a 95 Discovery SD 5-speed base model (no power options to break) and I'll be swapping out the underachieving 3.9 (Mighty Rover V8) for a 2.8L Powerstroke diesel (built for south american Ford Rangers).

I won't be doing anything hardcore...but hey...I'll be able to drive it there and back at 25mpg.

where the hell did you find such a motor? and whats the price?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

AgDieseler

Thumbs up

...2.8L Powerstroke diesel...
    sweet

how much you want for the old 3.9?

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    those some nice pics. I like the Aspens with the green ground cover, such a wide varity of scenery - it's what makes it beautiful
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!